Sound proofing

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Crs_b
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Sound proofing

Post by Crs_b »

As I’ll soon be putting Touran carpet into the caddy, I thought it would be rude not to put some sound proofing in.

What sound proofing have people used? I’ve seen dodo mat and I’m wondering if it’s any good as it seems to be best value for money.

Also does anyone know the rough square ft of matting used to do just the cab floor, fire wall and doors?

Cheers!
2008 - VW Caddy - 1.9Tdi - The Daily
1991 - Mercedes 190e - 2.6 - Show car project
1991 - VW Mk2 Golf - 1.8T - Race car project
2006 - VW Passat - 1.9tdi - Breaking for spares
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Re: Sound proofing

Post by Giddy »

I have used 2mm Silent Coat to cover back panels and 3mm for wheel arches. I'll be putting Dodo matt + Dodo super liner behind the seats where is bare metal at the moment. And fit the original carpet on top of that.

30 sheet pack should be plenty for what you going to do.
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Crs_b
Caddy Fan

Post by Crs_b »

Giddy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:22 pm I have used 2mm Silent Coat to cover back panels and 3mm for wheel arches. I'll be putting Dodo matt + Dodo super liner behind the seats where is bare metal at the moment. And fit the original carpet on top of that.

30 sheet pack should be plenty for what you going to do.
I was looking at silent coat too :D cheers, im hoping to do mine within the next 2 weeks. I’ve even bought a decibel meter to see the difference :lol:
2008 - VW Caddy - 1.9Tdi - The Daily
1991 - Mercedes 190e - 2.6 - Show car project
1991 - VW Mk2 Golf - 1.8T - Race car project
2006 - VW Passat - 1.9tdi - Breaking for spares
resra22
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by resra22 »

I have just bought this.
[https://www.harrisonstrimsupplies.co.uk ... -115-p.asp] Not sure if the link will work as iIhaven't done one before. It is themoliner from Harrison trim supplies, supposedly really good and its self adhesive so easy to apply. I havent installed it yet so can't comment on how effective it is but it looks the business.
joeyk07
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by joeyk07 »

I'm thinking of doing this before I upgrade my head unit. I've got a 2008 Maxi and its so noisy in the cab!! I've got a full steel bulkhead behind me so I plan to cover that too.

When I bought the van it came with Touran door cards and new motor mechanisms but I'm reluctant to fit them till I soundproofed the doors.

I was looking at this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BKKZ1AM/ ... 1afc4d4aaa

Please let me know how you get on?