Electric Windows / Touran mirrors.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Tom-8-0
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Electric Windows / Touran mirrors.

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Hi folks, being a newbie at this was looking for some info on what I need. I was at salvage yard today where they had a Touran for breaking. I have picked up the seat bases, door cards and mirrors. My question is what else do I need to remove? I have taken the door cards and the motor. The panel underneath is riveted in and has 10mm bolts all the way round. Do I need to remove this panel also and take the loom with it? I have a 2011 Maxi Startline. Any help is much appreciated. Many Thanks in advance, TomImageImage
Last edited by Tom-8-0 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom-8-0
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Electric Windows / Touran mirrors.

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Ok, so after reading through 56 of the 98 topics on electric windows it seems to me that I’m crossing too many different generations of Caddy for this to be a mod that I’d be happy to do myself. As I have a 2010facelift Caddy and motors and mirrors are off a 2007 Touran. Seems on the same generations it’s as easy as adding additional power wire to both sides of the a pilllars but the facelift caddy has different connections so going to shelf this mod for a bit. Maybe look at getting a stand alone aftermarket kit and wire up to Touran door cards. If anyone wants the mirrors, motors and looms there welcome to them. £20 plus postage. Will put up in the for sale section if I have access. ImageImage Passenger mirror has small chip. Image all parts from 2007 Touran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk