Leisure battery location

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Hodgey85
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Leisure battery location

Post by Hodgey85 »

Hey,

Where has everyone fitted leisure battery’s ? Would one fit under the false floor ? I see some people cut floor out for a footwell when installing seats, I will eventually want rear seats but will want to keep the flat floor for sleeping on and carrying my bike so thinking if one would fit under with like an access panel. Hmmmmm
Castoutdoors
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Leisure battery location

Post by Castoutdoors »

Mine is under my drivers seat there not a lot of room as I have maxi Kombi and want all the back clear for my bike and bed.
If you take the seats out under the mat was thick insulation. It was in sections just took out make perfect room for the battery but did have to mod the the seat adjuster bar to get more high and running 190mm high battery. All the split charge gear is in my bonnet battery to battery set up and the fuse box/isolation and inverter is under the passenger seat.

If that helps
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by JD2k »

I fitted the battery and a plywood base with all the wiring behind the passenger seat. I’ve got the wiring board and inverter under the false floor section and the battery further forward to allow for easy access/removal.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage
frankcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by frankcaddy »

Are you able to describe or show pics of where you ran the wiring to get from the main battery, through the firewall and to the 2nd battery?
benny_bassline
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by benny_bassline »

thats exactly where i was planning to put mine