Found this last night.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Found this last night.

Post by Doc »

georgehockin wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:26 pm So why be weary of the side doors and rear doors are you saying it can’t be done?
Not at all, it is just not possible on the Audi loom and requires wires to be picked form the caddy loom and placed back into the van it has been removed from. The A3 rear tailgate is loomed loomed independent of the tail light wiring as it comes from the roof to the A3 tailgate rather than via the tail light position.
Climate and audio is all fitted with the Bose sound system in the rear arch as the interior lights they also are from the Audi but I’m sure you would have noticed that if you looked at the picture
I noticed the cabin light and climate control panel, the Bose system isn't as obvious.
The kit to integrate the aftermarket Pioneer headunit to the Bose amplified system is not a cheap piece of kit and something many A3 owners do not bother with in favour of aftermarket speakers. Where have the Bose tweeters been relocated to?
Headlights and tail lights needed no adaptions they are just plug and play
Granted, the halogen headlight A3 does use the same plug (1J0-973-735) as the caddy but there is also a 14 pin (1J0-973-737) A3 plug for Bi-Xenon headlights. I've not checked the pin locations on the wiring but I do recall another conversion where the guy said they were not the same.
Tail lights on the Caddy use a 6 position plug (1J0-973-726) which on the left hand side of a barn door caddy has the rear door wiring loomed along with it. The A3 use a 6 position (1J0-973-733) with an additional 4 position (1J0-973-724) on the sportback. I'm sceptical as to how this can be "just plug and play"
And why would you say it’s hacked to bits have you seen it or are you just not skilled enough to remove them properly yourself??

On the contrary, I have removed these from donor cars on several occasions, what I said was I'd "be very impressed" if they were removed without damage. I'm assuming this is your Caddy and you still have access and the means to provide me some photos of these grommets to gain the favourable acknowledgement of the forum for your efforts. I have never ever replaced a full loom so cannot provide you with photos of these grommets refitted to a vehicle.
And correct you can’t build one for 10k and it’s got 30ks worth of parts receipts to prove with no labour but it’s only worth what some one is willing to pay
That's a lot of parts, I admire the resources of any man who can justify such expenditure to then go on to make a 66% monetary loss plus no doubt countless hours of hard work to get it all working together.

As I have gone back to the eBay link, the sale has now ended.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by JD2k »

Some work gone into this! Early build thread? https://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 99#p213799
ImageImageImage
Queestce
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Queestce »

Wow. Some people have a lot of time to tinker with things... That is amazing.
Bigricky95
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bigricky95 »

Wow that looks tidy!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Grifnut
100BHP+

Post by Grifnut »

Must be crazy to drive, shame the guy couldn't keep it
VOLKS HAUS
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by VOLKS HAUS »

You seen the sellers name?
I knew he’d have to be some sort of machine to do that much messing about.
Bungle
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bungle »

He lives just up the road from me. He was putting Mitsubishi Evo engines into the smaller Cyborg..... crazy stuff!! His caddy was a rocketship!!
2k14 Reflex Silver,
Highline,
140bhp - 6sp - factory spec,
Side rail cover,
Bilstein coilovers, Axle flip,
Fully lined/carpeted rear,
18” black alloys,
Michelin Pilot Sport4 xl,
A3 part leather S-Line seats on Touran bases.
LED drl/sidelights,
Auto lights upgrade,
Puddle lights,
Armster 2,
LED interior lights,
Mk 4 smoked tail lights.