OBDeleven pro

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Billyblunt
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

OBDeleven pro

Post by Billyblunt »

Has anyone used one if these to unlock any hidden on their Caddy's? I know it's a diagnostic tool but was hoping it would allow me to access anything hidden within the display or infotainment system.
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: OBDeleven pro

Post by caddychris2002 »

I've done a few bits but nothing major. It's good not as supported as VCDS but its also a fifth of the cost

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Billyblunt
100BHP+

Post by Billyblunt »

Yes that's what I thought. I'm a total technophobe & the thought of writing any codes breaks me out in a cold sweat so the idea of using an app is very appealing. I don't think I'd ever use it for more than giving me an idea if any faults develop & just to look at some engine performance stats.
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

In that case go for it the pro version tells you with the kit connected in thw van what mods you can do like turn stuff off or on Etc

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Billyblunt
100BHP+

Post by Billyblunt »

Thanks for the reply @caddychris2002. Been checking out some YouTube on the VCDS & it's certainly throwing up some interesting stuff. I imagine it's a bit of a rabbit hole to go down :)
missyR
Caddy Fan

Post by missyR »

caddychris2002 wrote:In that case go for it the pro version tells you with the kit connected in thw van what mods you can do like turn stuff off or on Etc

Would this let me switch on my heated seats once installed?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

missyR wrote:Would this let me switch on my heated seats once installed?

Sure can MissyR

www.dav-tec.co.uk
Mods:
missyR
Caddy Fan

Post by missyR »

caddychris2002 wrote:Sure can MissyR

Ooooo I had a wee research in the middle of the night and looks rather interesting it must be worth a punt.

Billyblunt
100BHP+

Post by Billyblunt »

Just pulled the trigger on the pro version, £55or there abouts with 200 credits direct from their website so no dodgy software etc. Let's see what I can do with it but you can certainly turn heated seats on with it.
missyR
Caddy Fan

Post by missyR »

Billyblunt wrote:Just pulled the trigger on the pro version, £55or there abouts with 200 credits direct from their website so no dodgy software etc. Let's see what I can do with it but you can certainly turn heated seats on with it.
Yeah I think I'll be doing the same. Can you post up your thoughts of it when you get it. As I'm interested after what I read/seen on the web it looks good for what I'd need it for and save me a fortune in garage bills x

Billyblunt
100BHP+

Post by Billyblunt »

Yes of course. I'll be initially use it to see what all the spec of bits & pieces are & to see if I can get in to the MFD & change a few things or unlock it in some way. I know that the pro version now allows for long coding so you can change things that way & it wont cost any credits.
missyR
Caddy Fan

Post by missyR »

Billyblunt wrote:Yes of course. I'll be initially use it to see what all the spec of bits & pieces are & to see if I can get in to the MFD & change a few things or unlock it in some way. I know that the pro version now allows for long coding so you can change things that way & it wont cost any credits.
Fantastic it's on the to buy list... which is really long with this van ha!

Billyblunt
100BHP+

Post by Billyblunt »

Well it arrived today & I had a quick 5 minute play before i headed to work. What quickly became apparent is that you need to sit down & read up on how to actually use the thing as it doesn't come with any instructions, nich, nothing! So I can't really give a good critique at the moment. The app does look swish & the graphics appealing. What I did find useful was that it does identify what units/moduals you have fitted so I can at least see what I need to upgrade. On the downside it also showed me how much it doesn't have that I hoped that was just hidden & not switched on.

Once I've delved in to it a bit more, I'll have a better idea what it's capable of.
missyR
Caddy Fan

Post by missyR »

Fantastic! Mines is enroute too expecting it early next week. I feel I will be the same as I have a baseline van

Thankfully though this will not deter me from wanting to upgrade stuff it will just cost a little bit more for modules and looms.

Berger
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Berger »

Would I be able to use this to turn off seat belt chimes and activate central locking when van starts moving etc?
Instagram @berger2k