MFSW is it worth it?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Billyblunt
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

MFSW is it worth it?

Post by Billyblunt »

After trawling the forum & internet about retrofitting a mfsw, I'm starting to ask myself if it's a viable option. I do miss a mfsw after having one in my last car, insignia cdti, but I'm unsure if I can justify the total cost of a refit. I have what I now know is a midline (2016 2.0 caddy life) spec vehicle, so a lot of the bells & whistle just aren't there. It does have ac,cc, Bluetooth,dab etc so it's not all lost. Has anyone else just decided not to bother & spent it on something else? There's so much externally I'd like to do, wheels & lowering etc & think I could put the money to better use. Just rambling but you know what I mean.
Liam
Hyper Poster

Re: MFSW is it worth it?

Post by Liam »

i got the inside fixed up the way i wanted it cos thats where i was gonna spend a lot of time in my 2016 trendline it now has mfsw and passat cc leather interior its a much nicer place to be plus the steering controls look great at night
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
Tired_guy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Tired_guy »

i think if your in the van alot then its definitely worth it, currently on my list of things to do once ive finished sort the back out! It has to earn its keeps lol
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

If you can afford to do the interior I agree with Liam the nicer it feels inside the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liamcaddy61
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by liamcaddy61 »

I personally think that the interior is more important but others probably disagree. I really wanna get a mfsw but I'm looking at the cheaper interior mods first, with just having a baby I don't think I can justify it yet. But Christmas is round the corner so who knows what santa might bring.
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sabbunsingh »

All my cars have steering wheel controls. You don't miss it until you have had it. Makes the interior more plush.
V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Billyblunt
100BHP+

Post by Billyblunt »

All very good points, well put :D . Whilst you're all here, can I ask how difficult it is to change a mfd, is it possible or does it mean a complete new unit?
Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

MFD = New or secondhand cluster.
Billyblunt
100BHP+

Post by Billyblunt »

God damn it :lol:
Billyblunt
100BHP+

Post by Billyblunt »

Bionicman wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:02 pm MFD = New or secondhand cluster.
I take it the highline would have much more functionality? Would I also need to upgrade any looms?
Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

The highline has more functions but it is still just a white display. The best one to have is the 3D premium colour cluster but are like rocking horse shit to get second hand. There has been something said recently on here that you can transplant a Tiguans cluster insides into a Caddy cluster to create a colour cluster. Docs the man to ask about that. Not sure about the cluster requiring any additional loom/wiring.
Billyblunt
100BHP+

Post by Billyblunt »

Now that's something I would definitely be interested in, especially the 3D premium colour cluster. Hopefully the Doc will be along to advise the best course if action. Thank you @bionicman, excellent info sir.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

It's a bit off topic but I'll give in in this instance.
Essentially, you can fit, and I have, anything up to a full 3D colour display instrument cluster into any 2K chassis caddy.
The majority of the signals are communicated via CANbus, the ones that are not on the CANbus but are required for your instrument cluster will be wired direct so no extra wiring is required.
Best option is to fit a Caddy/Touran original cluster but as has been said, you can use circuit boards from other models inside a Caddy case.
There's loads of topics on it on the forum.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Billyblunt
100BHP+

Post by Billyblunt »

Cheers Doc & thank you