Electrical problems ??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Joe swoonara
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Electrical problems ??

Post by Joe swoonara »

Yesterday washer stopped working and now it seems the central locking has started to play up but only the 2side doors and back barn doors 2014 maxi
Are they linked some way??
Or have i recenllyrics bought a complete shed
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Electrical problems ??

Post by Doc »

Washers don't work if the bonnet is open, it's not uncommon for the bonnet catch switch to fail.
This might be related to the central locking problem also.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Joe swoonara
Caddy Fan

Post by Joe swoonara »

Is it possible to short it out to check if that's the source of the problem would you know Doc
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yep, there's a plug between the lock and the right side headlight, you can unplug and bridge the pins on the side coming from the cabin to prove it is a problem.
Are your wipers working ok when you are stopped? If so, the lock isn't the problem and it may well be a jammed washer fluid pump.
You can get the pump out easy, it's just behind the right side fog light grille.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Joe swoonara
Caddy Fan

Post by Joe swoonara »

Thanks for the info Doc thinking about it its been doing strange things lately ......light not flashing when locking it although they do now , interior light not working when opening the door although it's started to work now
Wipers do work fine ...........at the moment
I'll try shorting the switch see what that brings
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

It won't be the bonnet catch switch if your wipers are working.
Pull the pump out of the bottle and try turning the impeller.

Joe swoonara
Caddy Fan

Post by Joe swoonara »

Complete idiots question does the spotlight grille just pop out
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yes, just needs a good pull.

Joe swoonara
Caddy Fan

Post by Joe swoonara »

Panel off managed to sort that myself new pump fitted ..........still nothing :twisted:
Joe swoonara
Caddy Fan

Post by Joe swoonara »

And thenow the damn thing breaks down on the way to work ............think I'm gonna torch it !!!!