Best place for 1.6 injectors

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
nodeward
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Best place for 1.6 injectors

Post by nodeward »

When I bought the van it had had 2 of the injectors replaced, I thought I would get a couple and replace the old ones so I had 4 nice new ones. I remembered this 6 months on whilst sat at the side of the road waiting for the RAC one of the old ones gave up, obviously, so got it replaced with a genuine one.

I need to replace the final one so I'm not left stranded again but not keen on VW's prices, where is the best place to get a decent quality replacement?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Best place for 1.6 injectors

Post by hef355 »

Hi mate, I have replaced my 1.6 tdi engine with a 3.2 petrol R32 engine. I’m breaking my 1.6 engine now that has recently had 4 new injectors and done no miles hardly. Receipt to show. PM me if I can help buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hatman
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by hatman »

Injectors will come down in price, should be free from VW with their reputation👌Eder
2020Viper Green High Line, 150ps 6sp DSG Xenons, mfsw, reverse camera, winter pack, folding mirrors, 18” Gloss black Bola B1”s Gloss Black roof/grills
nodeward
100BHP+

Post by nodeward »

Yeah I know, ridiculously shit quality

lal138
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by lal138 »

HI If you purchased your van from dealer check out if it has had E189 emissions update as i have read where i.6 had lots of problems with injectors after updates VAg have trust building measure worth checking out your reg to see if it has been updated
lal138
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by lal138 »

I hadn't seen anyone else talking about going through claiming on the 'trust building measure' so here is my experience...

The van is only driven on a 2 hour journey once a week and I started to notice the engine was a little loud and slightly juddery. Everything seemed OK so I thought nothing of it.

A few weeks later the van went into limp mode doing 80mph on the motorway. A mechanic managed to get it going again by disconnecting the battery and then revving it a lot to get more fuel through the filters.

I looked into the VW emissions fix as this comes with a "trust building measure" which is essentially a warranty on 11 parts in the engine/transmission. As it turned out, my van had the fix under the previous owner!

This van lasted around 2 weeks, until the same thing happened and this time it wouldn't get going again.

It went into my local garage (not VW) and they fixed the injector with a brand new one for a shade under £700. I collated my full service history, V5C, invoice of the works, paid invoice and receipt and emailed it off to VW customer services the next day.

10 days later I got a cheque in the post for the full amount from VW with a letter denying the problem was caused by the fix etc.

So, did the fuel injector fail sooner because of the fix? Who knows. Am I glad the fix was done? I'd say yes, knowing the history of the engine. My van had done 80k miles, so it wasn't astonishingly early anyway.

I now have 8 months left of the 11-part warranty, so it would be nice if the fuel injectors fail before that runs out!
nodeward
100BHP+

Post by nodeward »

Mine hasn't had the emissions fixed (heard mixed reviews) so can't claim from VW unfortunately