MFD Fuel consumption resetting

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Adamgav5000
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

MFD Fuel consumption resetting

Post by Adamgav5000 »

Hi all,

I seem to having difficulties with my MFD. It seems to reset the MPG data/journey time/range every time the van is started after roughly 12 hours or overnight. I have had a search for any similar topics but didn't find any. Please forgive me if I didn't look hard enough! :roll:

It started happening after I removed the cluster to clean up the scratched plastic case. I have reseated the plug but it has not helped.
I read online that it could be the fuse that feeds the dash it's permanent 12V to retain its memory. It however, does not reset any settings or the trip counter in the lower right of the dash and the display still shows when a door is opened without the ignition on, suggesting that is getting it's permanent 12V.

I have pulled all of the fuses and checked them on a multi meter for continuity and all of them check out to be okay.

Any ideas?
karlos0891
200BHP+

Re: MFD Fuel consumption resetting

Post by karlos0891 »

my touran mfd has two average mpg 1 and 2 and the 1 always resets after its been left for a few hours to overnight then i press the button on the bottom of my stalk and it switches between the two and mpg2 shows my average since last reset/battery removal. so if i want to reset that i hold the button on bottom of my stalk to reset it.
Liam
Hyper Poster

Post by Liam »

hey there

as karlos has pointed out there are two average readings one is for current journey - average 1. and the second is for total average - average 2 and covers all journeys made
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
Adamgav5000
Caddy Fan

Post by Adamgav5000 »

Hmmm, now I feel like an idiot! :roll: :lol: I shall investigate my MFD further!