Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DH1995
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by DH1995 »

Afternoon all!

New member here, always had hatchbacks but just bought myself a Caddy maxi due to my hobbie requiring me to take both wheels off by bike to put it in the back of the current car which was beginning to annoy me haha. Should be fun trying to get used to the size of the Caddy!
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Re: New Member

Post by mark1a »

Welcome.

I did exactly the same - bikes wouldn't fit in the car without hassle, so bought a Maxi Life and am having some fun modding it.

You'll appreciate the height & length of a van.

Any mods planned? Any pics of the van?
2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 190TDI 6MT OEM+
Santiago 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Wind deflectors
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Android HU | Focal 2.1+2 audio | Dynamat | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
DH1995
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DH1995 »

Sadly no pictures yet, I’ll get some over the weekend once I’ve had a chance to give it a proper clean!

Initial mods will be new seats and alloys, unsure on both yet. If you have any recommendations give me a shout. I thought about MK5 GTI seats on the Touran base mounts but looking at what other people have done I’m not sure what to go for yet, what mods have you done to yours?
Southhamscaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Southhamscaddy »

Hi,
Having owned a pickup for a number of years I can't believe I don't have to crawl in the back on hands and knees anymore. As for size I think you'll find that whatever you drive they size shrinks very rapidly once you are used to it
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

DH1995 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:54 pm Sadly no pictures yet, I’ll get some over the weekend once I’ve had a chance to give it a proper clean!

Initial mods will be new seats and alloys, unsure on both yet. If you have any recommendations give me a shout. I thought about MK5 GTI seats on the Touran base mounts but looking at what other people have done I’m not sure what to go for yet, what mods have you done to yours?
Van is work in progress (think it will always be), mods so far are mostly external (wheels, lowering, tints, splitter, etc), starting on the inside this year.

Build thread http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
DH1995
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DH1995 »

Southhamscaddy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:16 pm Hi,
Having owned a pickup for a number of years I can't believe I don't have to crawl in the back on hands and knees anymore. As for size I think you'll find that whatever you drive they size shrinks very rapidly once you are used to it
Nice!! It was actually between a Maxi or a Pickup, hope i made the right choice haha.
DH1995
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DH1995 »

mark1a wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:54 pm Van is work in progress (think it will always be), mods so far are mostly external (wheels, lowering, tints, splitter, etc), starting on the inside this year.

Build thread http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
Awesome build mate! How easy was the reversing camera to fit? I may need to take some inspiration from your build in the future.
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

DH1995 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:25 pm Awesome build mate! How easy was the reversing camera to fit? I may need to take some inspiration from your build in the future.
Thanks, much appreciated...

Reverse camera itself was already in the van as optioned on factory order. However when I changed the head unit I needed an adapter because the camera was outputting a signal via the quad lock connector for the factory head unit (similar to mk7 Golf & Transporter T6 I think), and the new Android unit was expecting a composite signal via an RCA connector. I had some help with the head unit from Car Radios in Dorchester, and they had a lead called "reverse camera retention lead" for around £10 - once that was in, it just worked. The tracking & trajectory lines come from steering angle sensor via the CAN bus.