Caddy front coilover compatibility?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Craig2001
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Caddy front coilover compatibility?

Post by Craig2001 »

Just a quick one. What cars share the same front setup as the 2012 Caddy?
I know the touran of the same year, but does the previous model caddy & touran use the same setup.
and subsequently what mark golfs does it share a likeness also?

any help appreciated
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy front coilover compatibility?

Post by Doc »

If you have a low power caddy like the CAYE 1.6TDI, the hubs are smaller than most of the other VWs from that generation.
CAYD 1.6 or the 2.0TDI will have bigger hubs which are the same as used on Touran, Tiguan, Scirocco, Golf, Jetta etc. of that era.
As such, your hub size will dictate the comparability with other vehicle suspension parts.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Keep in mind that good quality coil overs come with specific spring ratings for the vehicle they are specified for, you will be best going for something rated for the same engine and gearbox as yours to keep the springs operating as it is intended.
If you just want to get low and comfort or handling isn't a concern, just grab whatever you can.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Craig2001
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Craig2001 »

thanks.
I can see the hub difference between 50mm and 55mm. I will keep that in mind when I am looking,
you can probably see that im trying to bridge the 2nd hand market of parts as the other VAG cars do tend to have better options come up 2nd hand over the caddy variants.