In Cab DAB/Double Din Entertainment

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
RyyJones
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: In Cab DAB/Double Din Entertainment

Post by RyyJones »

Ahhh right makes sense! Sure il find somewhere to splice into cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W11JKK
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by W11JKK »

Can anyone reccomend any Apple car play stereo's?
Taz6584
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Taz6584 »

Another vote for Xtrons here, I've included a link below to the one I've got. It does look a bit too new for the dashboard (I have a 2011 caddy 2K) being all screen and no buttons but I love the big screen. Great for watching movies/shows and general use.

The only way I can describe it is like having a android tablet in your dash, it's fantastic. I connect to my phone's hotspot and away I go. Music/internet/films/shows/navigation/dab radio it does it all. If you don't want to use your phone data you can add a WiFi dongle that accepts a sim card for a fully mobile WiFi hub.

Worth mentioning some people have incurred battery drainage when these units are not wired in correctly but mine has been perfect. When fitting to a vehicle with can bus just make sure the red wire labelled Acc is cut or disconnected.

Once fitted the system needed some setting up to show the correct door was open (was initially switched ie showing passenger door was open when drivers was) but I learned more about the system and how to use it better.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm an android fan but I'm so impressed with it. Haven't seen anything that comes close from the bigger car audio manufacturers (pioneer, alpine etc)

http://xtrons.co.uk/pe98mtvpl-android-8 ... skoda.html
Craig Cheatham
200BHP+

Post by Craig Cheatham »

Hi Taz,I have exactly the same problem with my Android head unit as regards the doors showing open the wrong way round. How did you cure it please?
Now remapped to 145 BHP
Taz6584
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Taz6584 »

Craig Cheatham wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:37 pm Hi Taz,I have exactly the same problem with my Android head unit as regards the doors showing open the wrong way round. How did you cure it please?
Hi Craig first go into settings, car, factory settings (you will need a code here, mine is 126 but can vary. I found this out by googling it and found a few other codes which might work. Alternatively contact Xtrons or the manufacturer). From there go to CanBus then front door. Click on the drop down and select switch.
That's it your done, hope that helps.
Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Gary.8 »

Another vote for Xtrons...
can't fault it
Craig Cheatham
200BHP+

Post by Craig Cheatham »

Thanks Taz, worked a treat, after 12 months of being annoyed i'm like a dog with two dicks! :D thanks mate
Now remapped to 145 BHP
Taz6584
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Taz6584 »

Happy to help
Dugpal
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dugpal »

Those with Xtrons units,

Has anyone found a microphone, or location, to put one that people can actually hear you without too much background noise at their end?

I used the one it came with for a bit mounted on my steering column, I had to lean forward like I had my chin on the steering wheel like a granny would so people could hear me!
I then got another one off ebay and mounted it at the top of the driver door in the trim, people can hear me if the van is stopped, but if I'm on the motorway I have resorted to using the headphone cable my phone came with! I's like it so I don't have to use headphones to be heard.
2011 1.6 TDI
Taz6584
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Taz6584 »

I haven't mounted mine yet as using the front built in mic with decent results.
Was thinking of fitting a golf mk4 dome light which integrates the microphone as well as adds reading lights but thats a mod for a later date.
ellis
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by ellis »

Taz6584 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:20 pm Another vote for Xtrons here, I've included a link below to the one I've got. It does look a bit too new for the dashboard (I have a 2011 caddy 2K) being all screen and no buttons but I love the big screen. Great for watching movies/shows and general use.

The only way I can describe it is like having a android tablet in your dash, it's fantastic. I connect to my phone's hotspot and away I go. Music/internet/films/shows/navigation/dab radio it does it all. If you don't want to use your phone data you can add a WiFi dongle that accepts a sim card for a fully mobile WiFi hub.

Worth mentioning some people have incurred battery drainage when these units are not wired in correctly but mine has been perfect. When fitting to a vehicle with can bus just make sure the red wire labelled Acc is cut or disconnected.

Once fitted the system needed some setting up to show the correct door was open (was initially switched ie showing passenger door was open when drivers was) but I learned more about the system and how to use it better.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm an android fan but I'm so impressed with it. Haven't seen anything that comes close from the bigger car audio manufacturers (pioneer, alpine etc)

http://xtrons.co.uk/pe98mtvpl-android-8 ... skoda.html
Taz. Exactly the information i was looking for, everyone has been a great help thank you. Will check these out :)
jaystix
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by jaystix »

EX_gas-Cop wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:23 pm I went for the rcd330, after strugglering to get my RNS510 to work with my rear brake light reverse camera.
I got the No name version with android auto. It's been really good so far!Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Do you have a link to where you bought this from please?
samw976
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by samw976 »

Im running the Alpine ILX-007 head unit, great head unit if you want to just use it for apple car play, ive fitted a reverse camera on there too

only down side is i cant turn the radio on without the car running, even when the key is switched to accessories it wont turn on. Has something todo with the head unit itself which is a shame

other than that its a great head unit if anyone is looking at getting one
EX_gas-Cop
100BHP+

Post by EX_gas-Cop »

jaystix wrote: Do you have a link to where you bought this from please?
I got it off Ebay there are lots on there many are from China, I got mine off of this seller, they often put on as auctions instead of buy it now prices like
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3185820979

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1.6 tdi 100bhp
Ex gas caddy maxi
jaystix
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by jaystix »

Awesome! Thanks.
Last edited by Doc on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post