Side door fills

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
X22JME
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Side door fills

Post by X22JME »

I've seen some side door infills which are painted the same colour as the van to hide the rails...
Where do you buy them from ?
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

andyreflexsilver
100BHP+

Re: Side door fills

Post by andyreflexsilver »

They’re called sliding door rail covers. Best place I found was reflex auto design. You get a rail and cover kit, if you don’t change the rail and use your standard one they rattle about as there’s nothing in the middle to secure them too. Also make sure you have the welded on bracket on the front otherwise you have to buy the kit with the bracket aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

Hi X22JME,
What year is your Caddy mate?
X22JME
Caddy Fan

Post by X22JME »

Nice...How much are they ?
Mine caddy is a 2013
Thanks mate

Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

Could not tell you how much they are now but as a rough guide I would say between £35-£40. You will not need the rail cover inner front bracket as your year of Caddy will already have the factory one fitted. As mentioned above you will need to get a new sliding door rail which comes complete with the 2 spot welded brackets on it as this rail fastens/supports the rail cover between the front and back of the vehicle and stops it rattling/vibrating when moving. However some people on here have used various adhesives and just stuck the rail cover to the existing sliding door rail top lip to overcome the rattling/vibration. I personally bought the proper sliding door rail as I wanted it done the oem route. Costs more but the job is done properly.
X22JME
Caddy Fan

Post by X22JME »

Thanks for the reply !
202353542866 ebay item number would I still need a new rail with this ?
If so where can you purchase both the new rail and the part itself ?

Thanks

andyreflexsilver
100BHP+

Post by andyreflexsilver »

I had a look for one on reflex a few weeks ago I think it was around £130 for the full kit with everything you will need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

That one on eBay is a £42 part you can buy from your local VW parts desk, there's no need to pay over the odds on it.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
X22JME
Caddy Fan

Post by X22JME »

Ah I see mate does this require a fixing kit as above or for me to change the rail ?
Or am I best of going for the above option
Thanks

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If you have a facility to paint then just buy the parts from VW, if not then ReflexAutoDesign is a good option.
The rail with the cover fixing points is the best way to fit the cover although lots of people have fitted the cover without the appropriate rail.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
X22JME
Caddy Fan

Post by X22JME »

I can spray this part, is that all I need or is there a fixing kit from vw ?
Thanks again

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The full parts list is in the "Useful Part Numbers" thread in the how-to section.
To do it properly, you need the rail, rail cover, two bolts and speed nuts and a plastic clip.

Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

As I said and Doc, to do it properly get the proper rail, and make sure to grease the rail before installing the rail cover. It is a dead easy mod and takes no time at all to do. Half hour tops per side if applicable.
X22JME
Caddy Fan

Post by X22JME »

Nice one thanks all I will have a look at part numbers and get it ordered
Cheers