Steering wheel airbag part no, etc

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Sunn159ti
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Steering wheel airbag part no, etc

Post by Sunn159ti »

Hi People,

I am considering upgrading to an MFSW steering wheel, part no 5TA419091AD. Can anyone please tell me what part no's I need for this upgrade to my Caddy please;

It's a 2012 1.6 TDi blue motion, with cruise control on the left stalk, MFD on the right. I think I need the following parts to go with, but I'd appreciate it anyone can advise on other parts I'd need too, plus part no's if possible;

Basic stalks to replace existing
Squib ring & controller
Harness
Airbag & cover

Many thanks in advance!
LegendaryAllen
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Steering wheel airbag part no, etc

Post by LegendaryAllen »

I can’t speak to how other ppl have done it but I just took my airbag off and looked if it was single or dual stage (determined by the number of connectors on airbag) I bought a airbag that matched. I got the loom for the airbag then I made a loom out of my existing loom and the new loom. I’m not sure why you would be looking at changing the stalks. Unless u just want to upgrade them to newer versions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're not here for a Long Time, we're here for a Good Time!
andyreflexsilver
100BHP+

Post by andyreflexsilver »

You are right in what you need, it takes a bit of digging and research to find the right part numbers, one thing to bear in mind with that wheel, the cruise control won’t work on the wheel without a special module from a guy on here called Spacewalker

Sunn159ti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sunn159ti »

LegendaryAllen wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:06 pm I can’t speak to how other ppl have done it but I just took my airbag off and looked if it was single or dual stage (determined by the number of connectors on airbag) I bought a airbag that matched. I got the loom for the airbag then I made a loom out of my existing loom and the new loom. I’m not sure why you would be looking at changing the stalks. Unless u just want to upgrade them to newer versions?

Thanks for the heads-up on single and dual stage, I wasn't aware of that!

I'm ideally looking for a plug & play on the airbag loom...not something I fancy testing until its really needed and then it would most likely be too late to worry about whether wiring mods on the loom had or hadn't worked :mrgreen:

Planning on changing the stalks as the wheel would have cruise and MFD controls, replacing those on the stalks.
Sunn159ti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sunn159ti »

andyreflexsilver wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:20 pm You are right in what you need, it takes a bit of digging and research to find the right part numbers, one thing to bear in mind with that wheel, the cruise control won’t work on the wheel without a special module from a guy on here called Spacewalker

OK, special module meaning, not a standard VW part to swap out then? I will try to track down Spacewalker! Ta for the steer!