2007 Vw caddy Egr delete?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Glen G
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

2007 Vw caddy Egr delete?

Post by Glen G »

Hey lads general question..I a 07 caddy 1.9 TDI I want to delete the Egr valve. Just wanted some feedback is it worth doing.. Is there much work involved in doing it?

I see darkside have one on there website...

Thinking of deleting EGR getting a full stainless exhaust system and a decent map
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: 2007 Vw caddy Egr delete?

Post by Doc »

EGR delete is kinda pointless on the BLS as it doesn't really cause that much restriction. A much cheaper option is to buy a blanking kit and have the EGR removed from the ECU map.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Glen G
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Glen G »

Yeah a friend of mine was recommending me to blank it off put exhaust system delete the cat etc.. And a decent map.. And should a make a good 40-50bhp extra what's your opinion on that mate?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

It'll make +50bhp with a good map without doing anything like that.
A simple EGR blank and leave the cat where it is to avoid smoking and MOT problems would be my recommendation.
I am aware EGR blanking is a MOT failure but you can fit blanks in place of the factory gaskets and leave the whole system in place. That way it is undetectable from a visual inspection.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Glen G
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Glen G »

Il take your advice Doc!! Il start with blacking it off and a good map... Where would you recommend to get the blacking cap
From?
Last edited by Doc on Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

You can buy them off eBay, just don't go for anything very think if you're gonna leave your cooler attached, 1.5-2.0mm will be think enough. Once it's mapped out it'll not matter anyway.

Glen G
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Glen G »

Perfect 👌 thanks mate