Front Mats

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
AbiCat
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Front Mats

Post by AbiCat »

Hey,
Looking for recommendations for front mats. Classic buying from a dealer who whips out the mats - strangely left the rear passenger sets. Looking for good quality velour mats in black with the connector holes- no fancy colorschemes needed.
Where have you used? TIA 😊
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Re: Front Mats

Post by the swan fiend »

I’ve had eBay ones before for my old A6 and A8. The quality was so so but they weren’t too expensive. I got a full genuine set for my A8 from TPS at half the price the dealer was charging, so I’d say check dealer/TPS prices first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I have mats from MegaVanMats and they are spot on. I think I paid £27 delivered for two sets last time I bought some. Can't go wrong, at that price they are almost disposable.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
r1lea
Hyper Poster

Post by r1lea »

I put mk6 golf R mats in mine Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AbiCat
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by AbiCat »

Thanks for all the responses folks!
Fastmatt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Fastmatt »

Anybody bought decent rubber mats
Maxedmini
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Maxedmini »

The genuine vw ones are good and very reasonable pick up some from TPS last week about £35 I think
Jpjp
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Jpjp »

Which ones are a straight fit to caddy or is there any? The golf ones posted up there don't seem a perfect fit.
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bionicman »

The only ones that are a straight fit in the Caddy are the genuine VW rubber mats or the genuine VW textile carpet mats however I am sure that Megavanmats are a perfect fit also as they are custom made for the Caddy.
The genuine VW rubber mats are very good quality and have a up turned lip around them which in wet weather or snow helps stop residual water of your footwear making its way to the underside of the mat. Also good if you are using it as a daily workhorse.
The genuine VW textile carpet mats use to have a CADDY logo written/embroided on them and I think where or still maybe available in two colours.
If you buy the genuine VW mats I think you get the fixing studs with them, I did but have never bothered to fix them into the rubber floor covering as I don't think you really need them.
Jpjp
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Jpjp »

Bionicman wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:40 am The only ones that are a straight fit in the Caddy are the genuine VW rubber mats or the genuine VW textile carpet mats however I am sure that Megavanmats are a perfect fit also as they are custom made for the Caddy.
The genuine VW rubber mats are very good quality and have a up turned lip around them which in wet weather or snow helps stop residual water of your footwear making its way to the underside of the mat. Also good if you are using it as a daily workhorse.
The genuine VW textile carpet mats use to have a CADDY logo written/embroided on them and I think where or still maybe available in two colours.
If you buy the genuine VW mats I think you get the fixing studs with them, I did but have never bothered to fix them into the rubber floor covering as I don't think you really need them.

All right, thanks. I have the oem rubber mats, just looking for textile mats since having a road trip this summer and textile mats would have much nicer feeling when taking shoes off. The megavanmats says they are made of "premium black carpet" so I assume they are textile mats? Dirt cheap with the price of 14£!
Algabirch
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Algabirch »

Anybody know the part numbers for the OEM rubber mats for cab area?