Double din sat nav Mk4

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Lawrenceland
Caddy2k Groupie

Double din sat nav Mk4

Post by Lawrenceland »

I can’t find the answer online and the people selling them don’t know so I’m turning to you, which I should have done in the 1st place!

My last caddy had an RNS315 which did everything I wanted it to do.

I have just bought a 2016 MK4 caddy but the RNS315 according to info online is only for caddies up to 2015.

Is the MK4 radio a slightly different shape?
Has anyone fitted the 315 in a MK4 ?

I’d like to keep to oem look and find the android ones so complicated.

Any recommendations?

Pulling what little hair I have out !

Many thanks for any advice
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Double din sat nav Mk4

Post by Doc »

The RNS315 will fit the Caddy4 but you will require a harness adaptor.
The shape is the same so there is no need for a dash surround/adaptor.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Lawrenceland
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lawrenceland »

Brilliant, thank you very much for that.

Best get on fleabay then !

Out of interest, is there a sat nav for the mk4 that fits right in ? I see tones of RNS315 & RNS 510 for sale but there must be a more recent VW unit that fits ? Is there?

Thanks again, caddy newish bie !! Only had this one a couple of weeks 😁
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

There is the discover media navigation which is specifically for the Caddy4 generation. It's a lot more advanced than the RNS units and as such costs quite a bit more.
They also have extra security in the form of "component protection" to replace the code previously used on factory head units. VW can adapt the security to your vehicle so long as the unit is not stolen. You will then be charged to activate the add on features like telephone, navigation, app connect, etc.
Forum user Spacewalker can carry out a workaround on these units to give full functionality with security removed. See the thread in the electrical and lighting section of the forum for more info on that option.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Lawrenceland
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lawrenceland »

Thanks Doc,
Thats good to know. I have heard all sorts about that unit and not being sble to unlock it etc so its good to hear that thanks.
It would be nice to have the latest tech although I did like the RNS315 in my last Caddy ! They must be a fair few years old now to guess its time to get up to date 👍