Electric windows

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Colhelm
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Electric windows

Post by Colhelm »

Hi got mk3 2010 caddy 2.0 sdi looking at changing normal door windows to electric windows any ideas to change it over and what does it involve cheers col
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Electric windows

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Adding electric windows is quite straightforward so long as you stick to the simple rules of: 1. Source motors and door cards from the same car, 2. Add the correct wiring from the cabin fuse panel to the window motor via the a-pillar socket.

There is a how-to topic on the forum but you won't have access without building your post count a little.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
IndexG
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by IndexG »

How did you get on mate? I'm looking to buy an aftermarket kit myself
Treevaldo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Treevaldo »

I'm gonna give this a go, got touran door cards and panels for my 2012 caddy

Fingers crossed 👍👍🤞🤞🤞🤣🤣🤣
Treevaldo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Treevaldo »

so i tried this today, got the panels on and all the wiring in then nothing would work and the doors wont lock now :shock:

i put the permanent live from the fuseboard and am totally goosed scratching my head i thought this would be straightforard but ive seen a post where you have to re pin the plug going from the A Pillar loom to the door so im gonna give that a go to see if it works :D

hopefully i will be able to look further into this once ive got enough posts on ere :cry:
The Bear
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by The Bear »

I have complete doors from a 20 plate caddy, will this fit direct or does this need the wire from fuse box.
Sausage
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sausage »

@Treevaldo
How did you get on with this I have a 13 plate caddy and parts from an 07 touran, it’s unclear if it will work or not, the latest I have seen is an 11 plate caddy which worked after repinning the loom.
Last edited by Giddy on Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote