New Caddy Owner looking for styling inspiration

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
lrc123
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by lrc123 »

Hi Guys, I have just bought a 16 plate Caddy and I have big plans for it. So far I have only re mapped it to what is now a really nippy ride. It would be great to get advice from this forum on the best suppliers to get the following done:

Interior Carpeting (sound deadening)
Side Skirting
Front Bumper Upgrade
Front and Rear Light Upgrade
OEM Alloys
Vehicle Lowering

Any examples of the above would be welcoming
lord-dudester
Twin Turbo poster

Re: New Caddy Owner looking for styling inspiration

Post by lord-dudester »

Welcome mate. Where abouts you based ?
bob86
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by bob86 »

I have just got one and started sound deadening / insulation.
I was originally looking at kiravans, as they do sound deadening, insulation and carpets in one package, and it seems a good price, until you see how little sound deadening material you actually get.
So I bought this pack for my Maxi - https://www.deadening.co.uk/products/ca ... altion-kit
although if you have the SWB, you might not need that big a pack of deadening, I've done the arches and sides so far, and still have about 25 sheets left for the roof and doors. you'll also probably want a hot air gun or hair dryer and a wallpapering seam roller - the ali on the deadening can get rather sharp.
carpet wise, https://www.vanliningcarpet.co.uk/produ ... ne-carpet/ seem to be the cheapest and has good feedback from people on here
lrc123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by lrc123 »

Thanks @bob86. This is mega helpful. Do you think your Maxi will still be suitable for commercial use i.e. do you rekon the carpet could handle some weight on it without ripping? I want my Caddy to look banging but also still be suitable for work...only way I managed to get it! lol

Hey @ lord-dudester Im from Bedford, you?
threepeaks
Caddy Fan

Post by threepeaks »

Hi Lrc123, if you are looking for oem alloys I have just takes these off my 2017 plate, immaculate condition ... https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=38320
"of all the things Iv'e lost, I miss my mind the most"
lrc123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by lrc123 »

Thanks three peaks. I don't have authorisation to follow that link yet. Could you post a pic please?
r1lea
Hyper Poster

Post by r1lea »

I think posting your classified ad on here defeats the object of having the post count rule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
threepeaks
Caddy Fan

Post by threepeaks »

No worries, once you get to x8 posts I am sure Doc will give you access, cheers.
bob86
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by bob86 »

lrc123 wrote:Thanks @bob86. This is mega helpful. Do you think your Maxi will still be suitable for commercial use i.e. do you rekon the carpet could handle some weight on it without ripping?
I haven't carpeted yet, but it depends what you're carrying. Maybe do the floorboard with rubber mating instead of carpet if you're worried, but you can still rip that. The though the carpet is a good enough price that if you do rip it, just replace it.
threepeaks
Caddy Fan

Post by threepeaks »

I went for 18mm ply floor with penny dot rubber flooring for durability. Then carpet lined the rear with all gear from megavanmats so all material was around £350 ish and fitted myself. I was quoted £1100 and that was just the roof and sides excluding the floor.
threepeaks
Caddy Fan

Post by threepeaks »

Hi Pal, I have now added my signature which has details of how to contact me authorised by Doc, so feel free to have a look, Cheers!