Bls to asz

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Sak
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Bls to asz

Post by Sak »

Hi there new on here I've bought a 2006 2k with the dreaded cam failure I have a mk4 130 6spd which I'm thinking of dropping in! But I've heard there are issues with the crank sensor position ! Could anybody give me some pointers on this and other things that need to be felt with regarding the conversion ! Thanks a lot dave
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Bls to asz

Post by Doc »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
The issues faced when installing a ASZ, or and EDC15 controlled PD engines, is due to the caddy2k never coming with that version ECU. The Caddy2k only ever came with EDC16 controlled PD engines.
You will need to modify the engine to suit the newer ECU which involves but is not limited to the cam position encoder wheel and the crank position sensor.
The modifications required have been discussed several times on the forum but as a new member you will not yet have access to the most relevant threads in the "Engine and Transmission" section of the forum.
If you have not already, have a look at the new members topic where the forum access levels and reasons for it are explained. www.caddy2k.com/newmember
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort