Rear seats install.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Cy Russ
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Rear seats install.

Post by Cy Russ » Wed May 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Caddy life is a 5 seater and caddy maxi life is 7 seater if I'm not mistaken so a caddy van can be converted to 5 seater, maybe they don't want to take on the work

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mark1a
Twin Turbo poster

Post by mark1a » Wed May 08, 2019 6:05 pm

VW manage it at the factory with the SWB, so I would have thought it could be done.
2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 150TDI OEM+
Brescia Clubsport 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Vanstyle side bars | Wind deflectors
H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front splitter
Android HU | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095

envycommercial
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by envycommercial » Wed May 08, 2019 6:22 pm

The caddy rear seats 100 percent fit in a swb as my pal has them in think there the maxi ones simple to do.

The Touran rear seat isn’t mega difficult I think for me taking it out of the donor was worst bit!

The Touran seats I think are the best ones can run 1 2 or 3 they fold forward and clip in and out in seconds. If you get the rear carpet out of donor that all goes in too, by no means am I a professional at the job but a good day at it and they look like they should be in there.

The brackets do need welding in and the floor pan does need taking up, but it’s only a shelf any way.

Don’t forget to send logbook off and change seats also tell insurance.....

Iv year a rumour that buy fitting the rear seats and altering logbook you can some how get them under a cars tax bracket which if your running a 1.6 is a massive saving how ever I really don’t know if that’s true

Halflife123
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Halflife123 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:12 pm

Cheers guys thought that might be the case I’ve been looking at Touran seats and I think I might go that way. Would prefer caddy life seats but they are harder to come by.

envycommercial
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by envycommercial » Thu May 09, 2019 12:01 pm

I’m taking one out of a Touran tommorow (been putting it off) I’ll see what size drill bit it is.
Just make sure you have a good quality drill bit to
Take spot welds and a hammer and chisel and it’s not difficult to get them out.

If you buy one already out double check it comes with everything, there’s a couple of sets on fleabay advertised as conversions and don’t come with the main part being the floor pan runners.

Get seats belts plastics those 2 Touran floor pan parts etc
And if you can grab the arm rest as well, just as a finishing touch and looks nicer when sat in back!

You also cut your Bulk head to make look nicer from back

I did mine with no guides or how toos as to be fair I didn’t think to check, but there is one I think so use that

Halflife123
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Halflife123 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:30 pm

When you say runners do you mean the floor fixing points that need to be welded/bolted where I take out the false floor. And the same sort of thing for the back end of the seat fixings.