Rear seats install.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Cy Russ
Caddy Fan

Re: Rear seats install.

Post by Cy Russ »

Caddy life is a 5 seater and caddy maxi life is 7 seater if I'm not mistaken so a caddy van can be converted to 5 seater, maybe they don't want to take on the work

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

VW manage it at the factory with the SWB, so I would have thought it could be done.
2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 190TDI 6MT OEM+
Santiago 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Wind deflectors
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Android HU | Focal 2.1+2 audio | Dynamat | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
envycommercial
100BHP+

Post by envycommercial »

The caddy rear seats 100 percent fit in a swb as my pal has them in think there the maxi ones simple to do.

The Touran rear seat isn’t mega difficult I think for me taking it out of the donor was worst bit!

The Touran seats I think are the best ones can run 1 2 or 3 they fold forward and clip in and out in seconds. If you get the rear carpet out of donor that all goes in too, by no means am I a professional at the job but a good day at it and they look like they should be in there.

The brackets do need welding in and the floor pan does need taking up, but it’s only a shelf any way.

Don’t forget to send logbook off and change seats also tell insurance.....

Iv year a rumour that buy fitting the rear seats and altering logbook you can some how get them under a cars tax bracket which if your running a 1.6 is a massive saving how ever I really don’t know if that’s true
Halflife123
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Halflife123 »

Cheers guys thought that might be the case I’ve been looking at Touran seats and I think I might go that way. Would prefer caddy life seats but they are harder to come by.
envycommercial
100BHP+

Post by envycommercial »

I’m taking one out of a Touran tommorow (been putting it off) I’ll see what size drill bit it is.
Just make sure you have a good quality drill bit to
Take spot welds and a hammer and chisel and it’s not difficult to get them out.

If you buy one already out double check it comes with everything, there’s a couple of sets on fleabay advertised as conversions and don’t come with the main part being the floor pan runners.

Get seats belts plastics those 2 Touran floor pan parts etc
And if you can grab the arm rest as well, just as a finishing touch and looks nicer when sat in back!

You also cut your Bulk head to make look nicer from back

I did mine with no guides or how toos as to be fair I didn’t think to check, but there is one I think so use that
Halflife123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Halflife123 »

When you say runners do you mean the floor fixing points that need to be welded/bolted where I take out the false floor. And the same sort of thing for the back end of the seat fixings.
c@ddyme
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by c@ddyme »

Hi has anyone fitted the maxi life 3rd row seats behind the front seats. Just looking for help with mounting them and seatbelts in a maxi van...
Thanks
Paul
Garcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Garcaddy »

Halflife123 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:08 pm I was wondering about the third row seats. If they fit without removing the plate that covers the rear footwell that is probably what I will try and do.
Hi did you install the 3rd row seats after? I've just got some with rails and belts. Was just wondering how easy it is to fit them.... cheers Gareth
Beaney001
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Beaney001 »

Hi, when fitting the back brackets for maxi life seats did you have to drop the fuel tank out the way? TIA
tom.preece87
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tom.preece87 »

I did just to be safe, I have use of a ramp though so I'd have been silly not to. I also covered the tank with 2 fire blankets to be extra safe. I've seen people say they haven't dropped the tank but it's only 4 bolts and better to be safe than sorry I'd say

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk