Caddy Mk4 Composition Media Retrofit Harness

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
owencardew
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by owencardew »

Hi Guys!

Just bought a Composition Media Headunit for quite a bargain - Ex-VW Dealer had it on demonstration but condition looks spotless. I am aware that sometimes they require a Code to install in a different car (of which it seems many people online offer a Code Unlock Service) but just wondering, would I need a Harness Adapter to use this in my Caddy? Currently my Mk4 has the standard radio (photo attached) with onboard Bluetooth, USB and Aux...

Appreciate any guidance from anyone who's done this before.. :)

Regards,
Owen
Attachments
file-1.jpg
2016 Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI with a variety of Mods & Retrofits including RaceChip Pro 2, 18" Alloy Wheels, Bi-Xenon Headlamps, 6C0 MFSW, OEM Electric Windows + Electric Folding Mirrors Retrofit, Composition Media Retrofit, Arteon Carbon Leather Electric Seats and Audison Audio Install.
r1lea
Hyper Poster

Post by r1lea »

It doesn’t have a code, it has component protection, that will need removing before it will work
Contact “spacewalker”
He removes it and makes the unit fully active

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
owencardew
Caddy Fan

Re: Caddy Mk4 Composition Media Retrofit Harness

Post by owencardew »

Thanks for that! When i find his Profile I can't seem to contact him directly, maybe he will spot this post and respond with his contacts... :)
2016 Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI with a variety of Mods & Retrofits including RaceChip Pro 2, 18" Alloy Wheels, Bi-Xenon Headlamps, 6C0 MFSW, OEM Electric Windows + Electric Folding Mirrors Retrofit, Composition Media Retrofit, Arteon Carbon Leather Electric Seats and Audison Audio Install.
r1lea
Hyper Poster

Post by r1lea »

Discover media
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
owencardew
Caddy Fan

Post by owencardew »

Just an update for anyone thinking of doing the same. I settled for an 'already-hacked' Composition Media Unit with Component Protection patch. Given how complicated the Composition Media is, i would advise others to do that too... don't buy one off eBay and think you can fix it yourself.. :)