Glow plug flashing intermittentaly

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
gjseb
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by gjseb »

Comes on and start flash then goes off on drop in speed or how it drives run fine just wonder if any one got any ideas
maxx007at
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Glow plug flashing intermittentaly

Post by maxx007at »

Have someone with VCDS/VAGCOM diagnose it first I’d say.

Could be anything, from failing glowplugs to a sensor not working as intended.
Caddy 2k (e.o.2004) (1.9 TDI(BJB), REMAP 103KW/145PS) Ravenna Blue
Passat 3C heated front seats, Premium 3D Color Cluster
gjseb
Twin Turbo poster

Post by gjseb »

I got vcds was just being lazy as can't be bothered to go out too van and plug it in lol was hoping some one might know lol
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

No point guessing, VCDS will point you straight to the problem. A flashing glow plug light might be anything on the engine.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
maxx007at
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by maxx007at »

I get that, but only the flashing glowplug doesn’t tell you what the problem is.
Since that is used for showing that there is any problem related to the ECU, you’ll need to hook up diagnosis first before you can start solving it.

Otherwise you could be changing glowplugs, wiringlooms, etc only to find out it was a failing sensor of a few quid

Edit:
I saw Doc also answered
Caddy 2k (e.o.2004) (1.9 TDI(BJB), REMAP 103KW/145PS) Ravenna Blue
Passat 3C heated front seats, Premium 3D Color Cluster
gjseb
Twin Turbo poster

Post by gjseb »

Those are only fault codes on there
gjseb
Twin Turbo poster

Post by gjseb »

Right had a quick look it's saying over internet about cruise controll I don't even have cruise control
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Underboost (Control range not reached) and the brake switch implausible signal will likely both need resolved and either one may have brought on the flashing glow plug light.
Searching the internet can lead you down many dark roads if you don't know what you are looking for, the brake switch fault is a common cause of cruise control failure which often times is a driver's first indication of a problem with the switch.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The brake switch fault is the most recent if you look at the mileage at the time of the fault.
279297km...

gjseb
Twin Turbo poster

Post by gjseb »

I don't have cruise control though doc or does that not matter and change the switch and what is the under boost one
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

You still have a brake pedal switch which can go faulty irrespective of whether you have cruise control or not.

gjseb
Twin Turbo poster

Post by gjseb »

Right okay all my break lights work but will replace that what about boost code mate
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Underboost is maybe a blocked filter, leaking boost pipes or a faulty turbo.

gjseb
Twin Turbo poster

Post by gjseb »

What is best way to check for boost pipes and I don't want to sound daft but is there any common ones that go
Peli
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Peli »

I always use brake cleaner. For this you do not have to spray much on the hoses and intercooler. You hear quickly enough whether the engine starts to run differently.