Daytime running lights

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
M4NSS
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Daytime running lights

Post by M4NSS »

I have a 63 plate Caddy with daytime running lights that showed an issue with the front near side running light. After taking it out and having a look I saw that it was a double filament bulb. I went down to my local Halfords and picked up a LED replacement that their computer suggested (pic attached hopefully) On start up it now says that I have a issues with my front left side light. Would this be down to this particular bulb I have now put in and can someone let me know if the front side light is the same as the daytime running light? Thanks in advance. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skinnyd
200BHP+

Re: Daytime running lights

Post by skinnyd »

These LED bulbs throw errors unless you use a resistor for it.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Any change from filament lamps on your caddy and you risk bringing on the bulb error warning.
This can be disabled per lamp with some coding or as the previous poster has suggested you can use resistors to "fool" the error detection system but these resistors bring their own risk of harm because they get very warm.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
skinnyd
200BHP+

Post by skinnyd »

@Doc What is the coding to cancel the error for the DRL specifically.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

It's not a VCDS thing buddy, you need VCP.
Anyone that has it will/should know how to do it.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
M4NSS
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by M4NSS »

Thanks for your replies, think I may change then back to the filament bulbs in that case. Do you know of any that give a nice white light rather than the normal yellow?
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Geraout »

Try MTEC 380 P21/5w 12v Super White Xenon Effect Bulbs.

They are recommended elsewhere on the forum,

Excellent white light.
claudiu2s
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by claudiu2s »

M4NSS wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:05 pm Thanks for your replies, think I may change then back to the filament bulbs in that case. Do you know of any that give a nice white light rather than the normal yellow?
depending where u are you can find a few VCP users who can code this out for you for a few beer tokens
I have genuine VCDS, VagCAN Pro, SMOK and ODIS with online server access for any of your programming needs in Hemel Hempstead/Watford area.
vcds.diagnostic@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/pg/VCDSDiagnos ... e_internal
http://vcds-diagnostic.simplesite.com/