Stance+ coilovers

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
daz-uk
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Stance+ coilovers

Post by daz-uk »

Just in the process of ordering some Stance+ coilovers, is it wise to get the following, top mounts (normal or adjustable), centralizing kit, and drop links? is there anything else, and also read sometimes lowering causes uneven tyre wear, on inner edge? just don't want to lower and keep paying out for 18" tyres every couple of thousand miles, if set up properly and have wheel alinement done, should be ok? thanks :?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Stance+ coilovers

Post by Doc »

Adjustable top mounts are not essential, I'd say 95% of lowered Caddys don't have them and 75% of those that do have them set central where original equipment top mounts would have had it located anyway.
Centralising plates, again may or may not be necessary, you won't really know until you lower to your desired height and see.
The inner edge tyre wear is mostly due to the toe out induced by the lowering of the suspension. A correction of the toe out after the suspension has settled will help save your tyres.
I've had 14,000miles from front tyres after lowering and there's still 3-4mm left with just a bit excessive on the edge probably due to the time run before having the tracking adjusted.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Stedlocks »

Also, depending how low you are going, you might need lowered/adjustable drop links. At the height I want myvan to sit, the ARB taps on the wishbone.
daz-uk
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by daz-uk »

I was think lowering by half approx 50-60mm.
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Stedlocks »

You should be fine, I think.....I went full drop at first, then raised it 10mm but it is still knocking from the nearside wishbone. I've rwcieved the roadnutz lowered adjustable drop links, and I'll fit em tomorrow👍