back door plastic trim

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
JamieMcc
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

back door plastic trim

Post by JamieMcc »

Ive just finshed carpeting and flooring the back of my caddy but the grey plastic trim on the bottom at the back where the door catches are located is pretty broken and doesnt really look that great. I think the fella who had the van before me was a painter and decorator too as it looks like Jasons coat. Anyone have a part number for this piece of trim or a website/ebay link to where i can get one. I suppose i should try a breakers yard but thought id ash here first. Oh im also needign that wee bit of plastic trim that is fixed onto the wall to the right inside the sliding door.
brycieboy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: back door plastic trim

Post by brycieboy »

try this http://www.wagenstad.com/index.php?modid=85" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brycieboy
2.0 tdi 140....

Project Blue
kw v3 for sale
dooka
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by dooka »

Or cover it with carpet. That's what I did..
JamieMcc
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JamieMcc »

dooka wrote:Or cover it with carpet. That's what I did..
Thats an idea! cheaper too. I know the carpet will get mingin though with the mountain bikes coming in and out.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Vinyl wrap of some sort maybe? Painted the colour of your van?
You might need to patch up the cracks from behind with resin and mat but it's still be less than new and maybe less than second hand.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
JamieMcc
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JamieMcc »

Doc wrote:Vinyl wrap of some sort maybe? Painted the colour of your van?
You might need to patch up the cracks from behind with resin and mat but it's still be less than new and maybe less than second hand.
Yeah vinyl might be the way to go, the offending piece of trim just has a couple of holes but i still have the bits that broke off. Might give that a look. would be harder wearing than carpet too (i think). ho easy is vinyl to use? easy to work into corners or is it a careful cutting game.
mcma1
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by mcma1 »

i bought a new one form the dealer in the dark grey for 25 quid