beloved caddy running bad!!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
stu caddy mac
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by stu caddy mac »

hi there!! brand new to this site today!! having problems with my '55plate caddy c20 tdi. loss of acceleration, and engine light came on! took it for a diagnostic, twice, result was iat sensor, have changed map sensor and mass air flow meter, but nothing has changed! i get all the power and acceleration first thing when the engine is cold, but when the engine warms up-- loss of power!! can anyone help please!! its doin my head right in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Are any of the cables to the sensors damaged?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
stu caddy mac
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: beloved caddy running bad!!

Post by stu caddy mac »

no, have double checked them, cleaned them an given a squirt of 'old faithful' wd40.
vagnum
100BHP+

Post by vagnum »

What does it run like at idle? Does the engine look like it misfiring slightly??
stu caddy mac
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by stu caddy mac »

it seems fine, sounds as musical as usual, even gets up to full speed on the motorway. so its not in engine lock out. just lacking that initial woooosh!!
Adam87
Hyper Poster

Post by Adam87 »

I've had this twice now, once in the snow and once after it being washed if that made the difference I don't no??

The power dropped on mine the rev counter stopped working and engine and glow plug lights came on!
After leaving it for abit (a few hours) it darted up fine and then hasn't done it again, took it for a diagnostics and no fault.......?
stu caddy mac
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by stu caddy mac »

don't get anything like that. thought it might be a loose wire somewhere, but without some kind of wiring diagram, i'm gonna struggle a bit. will have to get all down into it and trace some wires for damage and breaks!!! any info will be well received!!