No radio signal after replacement windscreen fitted??????

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
graphixstation
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by graphixstation »

Hi all,
Got a new windscreen fitted on wednesday (25th May) and I had very poor radio signal. My old windscreen had the aerial running acros the top of the windscreen, the new one runs down the the passenger side of the window. I rany wednesday evening and complained and they came out and fitted anothe one on thrusday morning. I the signal is a bit better but still not great. Has anyone else had this problem?? This is really annoying with no radio whenout and about in the van!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Nicholas
ikeaaxel
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by ikeaaxel »

I have the sane issue in mine. Radio works fine around my area but as soon a I'm on the motorway it quickly struggles to find radio 1. This was after having my windscreen replaced.
tonyhill
Hyper Poster

Re: No radio signal after replacement windscreen fitted??????

Post by tonyhill »

You can't get Radio 1 ??? I'd call that a result!!! :lol:
ikeaaxel
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ikeaaxel »

Haha yeah, just meant that it's a station which you normally can't get away from!
minibikepro31
Hyper Poster

Post by minibikepro31 »

When they take the wind screen out they just chop the wire that gos to the booster box and because of the trouble that it is to take the head lineing out 9 time out of 10 they dont plug it back in.

take the 2 sun visors,
2 grab handles,
above head storage,
interior light,
a and b piller covers off then the lineing should come down, you need a torx bit to take the booster box out to get the new plug in,

then all should be back to how it was.
IN THE BOOST!
jedi-knight83
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by jedi-knight83 »

I had 3 new autoglass screens put in and all had radio issues.. all gave VERY patchy signal... they eventually fitted a screen from VW and the problem was fixed immediately.
Golf GTI DSG - Stage1: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | 19" BBS CH | ED30 Everything - INFO
Caddy 2.0 TDI DSG - Stage 1: 177bhp / 283lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Golf GT seats - INFO

ImageImage
jedi-knight83
Hyper Poster

Post by jedi-knight83 »

By the way that was AFTER they fitted a new areal booster as well as they thought they must have damaged that... then they tried new screens and finally sourced one from VW. Only the VW one gave good reception.
Golf GTI DSG - Stage1: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | 19" BBS CH | ED30 Everything - INFO
Caddy 2.0 TDI DSG - Stage 1: 177bhp / 283lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Golf GT seats - INFO

ImageImage
graphixstation
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by graphixstation »

I rang again yesterday evening and they said they would get back to me on Monday. They said they would resolve this problem as it was working grand before it was took out. So when they ring I will tell them this and see what they say.

Cheers guys.

Nicholas
jedi-knight83
Hyper Poster

Post by jedi-knight83 »

did you get this sorted?

ImageImage
ikeaaxel
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ikeaaxel »

Autoglass came back to sort mine and it turned out that the first guy had stuck the aerial booster back on on with tape instead of bolting it and apparently they ground out through the bolt so obviously wasn't getting any power. Once bolted on I get really good signal