Retrofitting Electric Windows

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Caddyshack57
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Retrofitting Electric Windows

Post by Caddyshack57 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Ollie370 wrote:I don't know if this has been covered before, I tried to find info on it but no one seemed to know the answers.

I wanted to fit electric windows to my 2K as mine only had the manual windows, but I didn't really want to get an aftermarket kit and wanted to stick to OEM parts. I managed to find a guy breaking a Touran so bought both electric window mechanisms, including door metal inserts, wiring looms and the door cards. The wiring plugged straight into the 28 pin Caddy door connector, but the windows would not operate! After a bit of investigation I found that there is no large power feed in the main loom to the door connectors. So I connected a temporary feed and it worked!

I ordered up a wire/connector from TPS that fits into the 28 pin plug on the door connector (£10 for pack of 5 2.5mm) and wired it up to a supply via an inline fuse holder. All is good! The passenger side window operated from the drivers side with no additional wiring as it runs over the CAN network! What a result.

Its quite an easy mod if you can find the parts second hand on the bay!

Ollie370
Any chance you can call me as I'm still having big trouble with my elec windows and as yours went so successfully I could do with your help
regards Ron 07412043515 if you call me I will call you back saving you, your phone bill

caddyben140
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by caddyben140 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Anybody know the part numbers for electric windows wanting them of a touran 2011 on as I have the facelift caddy
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks ben

Caddyshack57
200BHP+

Post by Caddyshack57 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:15 pm

Ollie370 wrote:I don't know if this has been covered before, I tried to find info on it but no one seemed to know the answers.

I wanted to fit electric windows to my 2K as mine only had the manual windows, but I didn't really want to get an aftermarket kit and wanted to stick to OEM parts. I managed to find a guy breaking a Touran so bought both electric window mechanisms, including door metal inserts, wiring looms and the door cards. The wiring plugged straight into the 28 pin Caddy door connector, but the windows would not operate! After a bit of investigation I found that there is no large power feed in the main loom to the door connectors. So I connected a temporary feed and it worked!

I ordered up a wire/connector from TPS that fits into the 28 pin plug on the door connector (£10 for pack of 5 2.5mm) and wired it up to a supply via an inline fuse holder. All is good! The passenger side window operated from the drivers side with no additional wiring as it runs over the CAN network! What a result.

Its quite an easy mod if you can find the parts second hand on the bay!

Hi Ollie
I've read your write up above and wish I could say the same about my electric windows on my caddy ,,,I too did the same as you i.e got all the parts from a Touran ,,,put it all together including 2 live feeds to both left and right doors but nothing works at all, the windows will operate up and down via a laptop plugged into my ecu ,, but that is it ,will not work off the door switches. The drivers side window will operate via the remote key fob though. It's been like this for 2 years now and its doing my head in ,,If you can help or even sort mine out I would pay you ,,,I just want them working lol my number in case you want to call me is 07412043515
Here is hoping you will call
Ron

Ollie370
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Ollie370 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi Ron, sorry I missed all your posts, I haven't been on here for ages. Just on holiday and decided to have a look on the forum. It's such a long time since I did this. I think mine were from a later touran maybe 57 plate. 504-06 some differences started taking place between Central control modules. On troll modules etc. So you can operate them with VCDS? I'm sure there is somewhere in VCDS that you can log switch presses to check if the signals are being detected from the swithes. Also have you got the window regulators switched on in the CAN gateway? I think there is an option in there to add these control modules? Where are you based?
Taddy R Project - Engine running
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19895

Caddyshack57
200BHP+

Post by Caddyshack57 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:10 pm

Ollie370 wrote:Hi Ron, sorry I missed all your posts, I haven't been on here for ages. Just on holiday and decided to have a look on the forum. It's such a long time since I did this. I think mine were from a later touran maybe 57 plate. 504-06 some differences started taking place between Central control modules. On troll modules etc. So you can operate them with VCDS? I'm sure there is somewhere in VCDS that you can log switch presses to check if the signals are being detected from the swithes. Also have you got the window regulators switched on in the CAN gateway? I think there is an option in there to add these control modules? Where are you based?

Hi Ollie,
Thanks for replying mate but to be honest what your saying is all double dutch to me fella lol ,,,,I'm not an electrician or a mechanic ,,,,the guy that did the windows has disappeared off the face of the earth ,,I know what he did as I was there , but don't have vag and I think his one was out of date or something cos he just couldn't find the codes.

jimc
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by jimc » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:58 pm

left mine in today to get fitted and i am having the same problem, mine was from 2 different caddys didn't realize they needed to be matched, anyway he only got the one side in and said the motor was scrap as it wouldn't go down he is taking it a gain in the morning to have another go but now the central locking wont work either agh!!!!!

is there a thread that tells you everything apart from this one viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12376

stan-the-man
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by stan-the-man » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Have ye enabled electric doors with vcds : address 42 and 52 in can gateway after the installation?

jimc
100BHP+

Post by jimc » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:26 pm

thanks will ask him tomorrow

jimc
100BHP+

Post by jimc » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:13 pm

well a bit closer he has one side in and the drivers door switch would operate the motor but i took the passenger loom off and it worked on it so drivers window is working so far more to do on saturday fingers crossed

jimc
100BHP+

Post by jimc » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:57 pm

Bit of an update on this i now have 2 functioning windows,

think i made a real school boy error on this project, by saturday i had both mechanisms in but the drivers window switch wouldn't work , the spark said it was 2 things the loom i had was from a touran and the mech's were from a caddy and he also suspected the switch was faulty.

today i went to the breakers and got a loom from a caddy put it in and the fun started

passenger side window would go down but not up agh
drivers window would not go down but would go up wtf

the guy in the breakers was a fellow caddy owner and very helpful and allow he didn't have another window switch he went and pulled one out of a golf and hey presto they both go up and down

now i just have to figure out why my drivers door is no longer locking but all the rest are

daniel010daniel
Caddy Fan

Post by daniel010daniel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:01 pm

jimc wrote:Bit of an update on this i now have 2 functioning windows,

think i made a real school boy error on this project, by saturday i had both mechanisms in but the drivers window switch wouldn't work , the spark said it was 2 things the loom i had was from a touran and the mech's were from a caddy and he also suspected the switch was faulty.

today i went to the breakers and got a loom from a caddy put it in and the fun started

passenger side window would go down but not up agh
drivers window would not go down but would go up wtf

the guy in the breakers was a fellow caddy owner and very helpful and allow he didn't have another window switch he went and pulled one out of a golf and hey presto they both go up and down

now i just have to figure out why my drivers door is no longer locking but all the rest are
Did you get this sorted iv fittEd electric windows to my caddy 2007 . The window work my central locking going crazy and driver's door doesn't lock

jimc
100BHP+

Post by jimc » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:59 pm

No mate i am sorry to say i lost interest and i just don't bother trying to lock the van anymore to be honest it spends most of the time in the driveway and parked out side work.

really couldn't get anyone who wanted to spend the time to sort it, i plan one selling it soon and will revert back to the old door cards

Nicktabbenor
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Nicktabbenor » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:43 pm

I'm just about to attempt this...that's when my dash and door cards turn up!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

hldphil2
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by hldphil2 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi do you have a part number please for the wire/connector from TPS I can’t seam to find them. Many thanks

Dayoster
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Dayoster » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:42 pm

Can anyone help me. Iv got some complete doors from a 2008 touran and im fitting them to my 2012 facelift caddy. Iv got all the wiring and mechanisms in but the bloody plugs different.

Anyone had this problem? Is it a matter of relocating the wires from the touran into the original caddy plug?

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks in advance
Over worked and underpaid!