is it possible for 200 bhp

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
86drift
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: is it possible for 200 bhp

Post by 86drift »

Sounds too good to be true but very tempting.For the guys who have this done,when you say a remap do you mean full remap on the rollers or can it be done statically?
lm_gauci
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by lm_gauci »

dubdad wrote: i would agree,i didnt get it mapped so i didnt speak to the guy that did it,
just the waffle i was told,tbh ;)
Boost gauges are a good way of keeping an eye on things just to make sure your not losing any pressure. I had one on my ibiza and noticed it slowly losing boost. Ended up being a sensor issue but helped me out nevertheless.
jameswhite
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by jameswhite »

phanson wrote: General consenus is no, you need more than a remap - do a search and look at some of the threads Pendle have contributed to, check out his website too.
I would go for a remap anytime now but with a new van I don't want to lose warranty so removing a chip if I need to then I can do it. Dtuk are pretty good and will take it to around 175 .
mk1esco
Caddy Fan

Post by mk1esco »

I personaly would not go for a chip, just fooling the ecu to give more fuel. Same time all of the calibration in the ecu are useless. Go for a remap or like I did learn to do it yourself.
jameswhite
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by jameswhite »

But if I do get a map ill lose all warranty, then ill be in deep
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Can't see how you'd loose all warranty, on engine and transmission maybe but hardly gonna affect anything else.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
jameswhite
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by jameswhite »

This maybe true doc but engine and gearbox is 50% of van and the most expensive half
reynolds1415
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by reynolds1415 »

Will the gttdi turbo bolt straight on to the caddy manifold or do you need the golf manifold?
fenwick458
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by fenwick458 »

boost gauges are handy, the more gauges you have the more chance you have of faultfinding in the event of a problem (provided you understand that they all mean)
go back a bit and cars had way more gauges, now manufacturers think it's ok to just pop a light on the dash once it's overheated, or oil pressure has gone etc.
and temp gauges (when they fit them) are "programmed" to say 90degrees at anywhere between 70 and 95degrees, to make the driver feel better as apparently a gauge that hovers around 75 degrees when it's cold or goes past 90 on a hot day in traffic might scare them...
what next? no windscreen, but a light on the dash that tells you when you've crashed. bit late then isn't it!
mk1esco
Caddy Fan

Post by mk1esco »

OK guys and girls, did some digging around and would not push the 1.9 bls engine to 200bhp. Not on stock rods! They are weaker than on the asz / arl PD130 / PD150 engines.
Bearing journal diameter is smaller on the bls, so the PD150 rods are out of the question. But there are good steel rods out there, and I have bought a set and would be writing a tiny bit of something about the work for changing the rods, and pd150 injectors for the bls.
But that hafto wait for a little while. I´ll be aiming for the 200bhp mark during the coming spring :D
MJP
Adam87
Hyper Poster

Post by Adam87 »

mk1esco wrote:OK guys and girls, did some digging around and would not push the 1.9 bls engine to 200bhp. Not on stock rods! They are weaker than on the asz / arl PD130 / PD150 engines.
Bearing journal diameter is smaller on the bls, so the PD150 rods are out of the question. But there are good steel rods out there, and I have bought a set and would be writing a tiny bit of something about the work for changing the rods, and pd150 injectors for the bls.
But that hafto wait for a little while. I´ll be aiming for the 200bhp mark during the coming spring :D
MJP
any info on the rods and any upgrade/things to replace to do at the same time as doing them
mk1esco
Caddy Fan

Post by mk1esco »

You have couple of choices on the rods, Rosten rods, that are known to be ok, but expensive, and I´m pretty sure they too come from far east like most of the H profile rods.
And I took a bit of a gamble on the rods, and ordered maxspeedingrods H-profile rods, many yanks seem to use them in 600-1400bhp v8 engines, and I didn´t find any bad rep on them on the web.
So I´ll be testing those myself, and will be inspecting them for straightness and measuring all the bearing bores and dimensions when they do arrive. it´s handy to have all the tools for cnc trade at hand :)
What else is needed, gasket set, bigend bearing set, headbolts, cambelt, camgear bolts, pd150 injectors, injector and rockershaft single use bolt set. And if the engine is driven a lot pistonring set, but that is not mandatory on low mileage engines, I´ll check the ring gap on mine and then decide on the rings, and the OEM rings do last a good long while. I have opened 340k km engine with ring gap still within tolerance.
Bigger turbo, and tuning tools to get the most out of the setup, or to pay someone like Pendle for the tuning. :)
MJP
Wild Thing
100BHP+

Post by Wild Thing »

Bls good for 240-260 on standard internals
Cheers Brian

1.9 TDI Caddy 150bhp so......far
mk1esco
Caddy Fan

Post by mk1esco »

Yeah, the pistons and the crank, I wouldn't push the rods much past 180bhp. Plenty of dead A3 BLS engines with broken rods around...
hedge
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by hedge »

What about the bjb 1.9 lump?
105 tdi with GTB2260 power around 280bhp/405lbft