Does anybody elses van...

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Dangee
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Does anybody elses van...

Post by Dangee »

Where is the pollen filter ?
Denners
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Denners »

Passenger footwell I believe bud :)
Timmyd
100BHP+

Post by Timmyd »

Doc wrote:There's a thread only a few days ago about being slow to heat, it's a side effect of a efficient engine at idle, it needs driven to heat up.

As for a van with AC not clearing the window, try it on fresh air rather than recirc. You may need your AC recharged and cabin air filter too. Also check water isn't pooling up under the passenger side of the windscreen, the drain holes tend to clog with leaves and then rain makes its way into the fan intake which is under there.
I have a van with AC and noticed this problem, fresh air is def the thing to do it solves the problem real quick, just remember to recirc when warmed up.
OldThumper
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by OldThumper »

I get this problem too , I also have to scrape the inside of the windscreen when there is a hard frost . At the moment I use a squeegee if its bad . You tend to get condensation in the panels on the back end with it being colder ,I also had this problem with combo van . I was thinking of sealing the bulkhead mesh windows with some clear acrylic panels and I will also look at changing pollen filter ,having water come in off the roof when you open the window doesn't help so a set of deflectors are on order to get some air circulation
I.D.S.
Hyper Poster

Post by I.D.S. »

Agree with most of above regarding vans without a/c. Try lowering sun visors,it keeps a bit more heat on the screen.
qert6
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by qert6 »

The aircon evaporator gets a lot of condensation on the outside of it when in use, check the drain from there is not blocked too. If a car has been running A/C while parked up they'll tend to develop a puddle underneath if its quite humid outside. If the drains are blocked this water will be stuck in the evaporator box and getting blown onto your windscreen. My caddy doesnt have a/c so cant help you locate the drains.

Doubt it is enough to mist a windscreen but I've also found some hollows in the back of my maxi that had about an inch of water in the bottom just from interior condensation, cant say if its the same in a swb... but behind the factory fitted 'trim' panels in the back above the wheel arches to the rear of the wheel arch the cavity goes down to about the bottom of the sill level, the whole thing is like a funnel reducing down to about 2 inch square. Always worth getting rid of this water with a sponge. I only found it as i dropped a screwdriver down there tinkering with the rear light wiring.
White Maxi TDI 104
Rear seats and many ideas brewing
andy_sheff
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by andy_sheff »

mines shocking also, i tried some of that rainX anti fog stuff, made it worse if anything.
ripcaddy
Caddy Fan

Post by ripcaddy »

I have cut out the mesh part of the bulkhead and replaced it with some 2mm Perspex sheet which has helped considerably with the moisture level in the cab and the windscreen clears quicker. Not only that but the cab warms up quicker, the rear visibility is better and most of all it is quieter as I haven't lined the back yet.
DETAIL
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by DETAIL »

There is a product that i have made for our detailing for this exact purpose unfortunately i don't sell it.
BUT if you were to go to your local skiing shop they sell a very similar product for anti fogging of skiing goggles .You will find it quite pricey for a very small amount.but you will only have to apply it once a year.

Anthony
mel57car
Twin Turbo poster

Post by mel57car »

mine was blowing like it lost all blow so changed pollen filter now its fine again my filter was 3 years old though :lol: :lol:
remapped to 155bhp ,touran bumper , colour coded ,vmaxx coilovers,pipercross panel filter ,leather seats,18in bbs ch alloys, de badge grill ,eonon 7in dvd gps head unit rear carpeted ,1200w amp & 2x12in 1000w subs rear seats + decat
Denners
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Denners »

I got out in the cold and replaced mine today as I've not long had the van and wasn't sure when last changed. Here's the evidence.....

.....a long time ago lol. Blowers are now 100% better and should help that morning screen clearing procedure
mgdenison
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by mgdenison »

Denners wrote:I got out in the cold and replaced mine today as I've not long had the van and wasn't sure when last changed. Here's the evidence.....

.....a long time ago lol. Blowers are now 100% better and should help that morning screen clearing procedure
WOW talk about long over due replacement of the filter. Going to check mine today been in a good few months. May need a clean.
---------------------
Martin

Simply Moving and Sleeping
Elland, West Yorkshire
Bigharty
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Bigharty »

My 2013 tdi 1.6 power house is fantastic at demisting and I have no problem with it at all. But I have blocked off my bulkhead. Do maybe that helps.
BIGHARTYBIGHARTY