smokey van

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
feeman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

smokey van

Post by feeman »

My van has got very smokey this last wile especially when overtakin anything it puts out alot of smoke for an 07 :? .. anybody else havin the same problem?
richie
200BHP+

Re: smokey van

Post by richie »

see this at night when i put the foot down with lights behind me, might change the filters and see if it helps
1.9 TDI Fogs,A Bar,Ply Lined,Tinted Windows,Alloys
aidy310
200BHP+

Post by aidy310 »

is it due a service lol or maybe too much oil
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Might be a good idea to clean the intake system.
The engine breather puts a lot of oil vapour in the system.
Pipe from airbox to tubro including crankcase breather pipe, turbo to intercooler pipe, intercooler to egr pipe, Egr and intake manifold will all benifit from a good cleaning.
If you can flush the intercooler with parafin or the likes, your notice a lot of gunge will be removed.

I've been plannin to do this for quite a while, don't feel I need it just yet though.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
s31teg
Twin Turbo poster

Post by s31teg »

feeman wrote:My van has got very smokey this last wile especially when overtakin anything it puts out alot of smoke for an 07 :? .. anybody else havin the same problem?
i would +1 for what doc just said but helps to drive it hard sometimes, you get a bolt load of shit built up if you dont and when you do put your foot down it just comes blowing out

aidy310 wrote:is it due a service lol or maybe too much oil
black smoke is not oil, its unburnt fuel mainly
aidy310
200BHP+

Post by aidy310 »

s31teg wrote:black smoke is not oil, its unburnt fuel mainly
who said black smoke it could be grey smoke lol yea black smoke is fuel thats why all them d turbos provide their own clouds lol