Wind noise...any clues?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Tails93
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Wind noise...any clues?

Post by Tails93 »

And a how to here ;)
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14904
Shortyboy521
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Shortyboy521 »

I had the same issue and tried draught excluder tape along the join where everyone says the problem is which improved it but I found the noise actually comes from the left hand side of the the mirror about half way up you can find the spot by placing your finger there, I stuck a clear little round buffer that are used on kitchen doors to stop them banging shut and hey presto!
vwone
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by vwone »

I have the same problem, my wing mirror does not seem to fold back is that correct?
Shortyboy521
Caddy Fan

Post by Shortyboy521 »

My mirrors fold back are yours colour coded not sure if that makes a difference tho? Maybe previous owner has tried to solve the problem?
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Geraout »

Shortyboy521 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:10 pm I had the same issue and tried draught excluder tape along the join where everyone says the problem is which improved it but I found the noise actually comes from the left hand side of the the mirror about half way up you can find the spot by placing your finger there, I stuck a clear little round buffer that are used on kitchen doors to stop them banging shut and hey presto!
Sounds good. Do you have a pic of where the spot is Shortyboy?
Shortyboy521
Caddy Fan

Post by Shortyboy521 »

I will try and get a pic for you mate it's easy to find the spot when driving at the speed the noise is created in mine I think it was just before 60 mph move your finger around on the left side of the mirror casing roughly in the middle and you should find the noise stops and the place to stick the buffer👍
etch
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by etch »

Mine was exactly the same wind noise over 50mph, i have colour coded covers, just used a silicone sealant (loctite 5980) and filled the crevice between the cover and the mirror body .........sorted it.