ABS Warning light

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
robert
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

ABS Warning light

Post by robert »

Was driving my Caddy yesterday when the ABS warning light came on- is this a common fault on these? or it is excessive wear in the disks pads? The vans a 104 tdi 57 plate.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: ABS Warning light

Post by Doc »

Have you alloys on?
If so check the rear ABS sensor cables.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
robert
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by robert »

Yes, have alloys on, will have a look at them tonight, thanks!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
robert
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by robert »

Checked all fuses and connections all OK, plugged into mate's VAG computer and identified the fault as the ABS pump / ecu unit. Anyone know if there's anyone out there that reconditions them? Thanks
djh1971
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by djh1971 »

Is it the pump or the ecu all car electricronics can repair the ecu it will remove from the pump which means no bleeding if that's whats wrong with it but it will need coding with vcds