What did you do to your van today?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Afield23
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: What did you do to your van today?

Post by Afield23 »

PaulC61 wrote:Afield23, Got it done at a place near Wroxham. Strangely I like the black bumpers. I think it would be a bit much all grey. And besides I think I've reached the limit of how much I can sneak past the other half. Only so many bargin buys I can get away with. Gonna save a bit and have bit more of a splurge towards the end of the year. Defo the tail lights
Hahaha we are all the same, hoping the mods don't get noticed.... I highly recommend the tail lights, and don't be tempted by ones on eBay I got them cheaper direct from VW. You'll need someone to code them properly though. Might have to check out the place near Wroxham, did they do any paint correction or polishing?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

PaulC61
Hyper Poster

Post by PaulC61 »

Just single stage machine polish as part of the package. No other paintwork corrections. There are still a couple of minor scratches/ rub marks but I happy with how it is. Its a van to be used. this is the place https://highdefinitionvaleting.co.uk/services/gyeon/
My Pure Grey Maxi Kombi Build viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32111
Afield23
Hyper Poster

Post by Afield23 »

PaulC61 wrote:Just single stage machine polish as part of the package. No other paintwork corrections. There are still a couple of minor scratches/ rub marks but I happy with how it is. Its a van to be used. this is the place https://highdefinitionvaleting.co.uk/services/gyeon/
Cheers Paul, I've sent them a message to see what they can do for me.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

sleepyshrek
Caddy Fan

Post by sleepyshrek »

Been spending a few days getting insulation into the pillars, etc. Been poking about in holes no self respecting mouse would try to enter. Been a bit of a chore but has made a considerable difference to the noise levels. Roof's next and then Silent Coat to the panels and floor.
But, best of all, had the speed limiter doctored. Simple VCDS job, done in five minutes. Happy bunny, now. (Well, for now)
The polisher
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by The polisher »

Happy days pressies arrived today touran door cards ,carpet , touran bases with draws now to fit them
:D :D :D
Touran seats, Touran Console, Touran carpets, Touran Door cards, Spoiler, German Plates, RCD 330, carpeted and insulated, TDI Mats, Stance lowering Kit, VW Mk6 Steering wheel, T6 Steelies, Bargain Sunvisor, Bragan Roof Rails,Touran mirrors
Instagram:HG_Metal_Polishing_13
Facebook: HG Metal Polishing
www.hgmetalpolishing.com
Ireland :shock:
Ricksy1121
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Ricksy1121 »

Fitted my seat Leon fr seats I got last week for £100.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caddy 1.2tsi 2018 - fiat 126 bis 1991- bond bug 1971
The polisher
200BHP+

Post by The polisher »

Really like them seats and a great price arecthey on touran bases or did u keep the caddy ones
Touran seats, Touran Console, Touran carpets, Touran Door cards, Spoiler, German Plates, RCD 330, carpeted and insulated, TDI Mats, Stance lowering Kit, VW Mk6 Steering wheel, T6 Steelies, Bargain Sunvisor, Bragan Roof Rails,Touran mirrors
www.hgmetalpolishing.com
xaheadx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xaheadx »

Fitted an interior barn door handle!
Ricksy1121
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Ricksy1121 »

The polisher wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:26 pm Really like them seats and a great price arecthey on touran bases or did u keep the caddy ones
Yes there on Touran bases. Nice feel to them
The polisher
200BHP+

Post by The polisher »

Was looking at a set of them on ebay but he was looking for around 200 ,think i might go the golf route a little bit cheaper

Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk
www.hgmetalpolishing.com
Ricksy1121
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Ricksy1121 »

I found golf seats to be more money than the seat ones..
The polisher
200BHP+

Post by The polisher »

I can get a pair of golf mk 5/6 GTD here in ireland for around €150 (not GTI ones ) still better than the std caddy seats
www.hgmetalpolishing.com
Big Pimp
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Big Pimp »

Well, I had another injector fail on my last week, the day before a major car show here in Ireland called ‘dubshed’

The van was cleaned, prepped and detailed and in typical fashion, threw an injector leaving the office on Friday, the day before the show.

As this is now 3 injectors I’ve had to replace over the last year I’m getting a full service done on the van, a full flush of the fuel system and replacing all 4 injectors with new model Siemens ones which according to the place I get them from are an all new part number which have dealt with the 1.6 injector problem without officially recognising any problems with the old part number.

Hopefully this is the end of the hassle.

Although as the mechanic was changing them, one of the old anti snap bolts snapped meaning the last mechanic was being lazy and didn’t replace them!

As to what brought on this failure...... the van has been running nearly perfect for the last 15-20k. I just had a carbon clean done. Is it coincidence that a week after getting it done I’ve had an injector fail? Very possibly but who knows.

Hopefully these new injectors sort out the issues and I can feel safer in getting a hybrid turbo fitted and upping the power a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

So gave the van a super shine. See how long it stays clean for. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

ImageImage

Klein
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Klein »

Ricksy1121 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:26 pm Fitted my seat Leon fr seats I got last week for £100.

I was after a set of these but none was local

Nice seats