What did you do to your van today?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Martin451
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: What did you do to your van today?

Post by Martin451 »

At last sorted out my sound proofing,fitted sound pads to the rear roof then egg box foam then put rubber washers between the roof panel and the bodywork to tighten up the clips.
Has worked a treat,doesn’t sound like a drum in the back now
ozziecaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by ozziecaddy »

fitted ceiling flag and blue led lightsImage

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Finally wired up the fusebox for my leisure battery although strangely it seems each connection is permanent live and adding or removing fuses has no effect whatsoever!! Just need to get some wire now and the panel for the back. The box will eventually be covered with carpet to make it more subtle.

Imagefusebux by Alison Clarke, on Flickr
Harveywoo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Harveywoo »

Removed the annoying as f**k reversing siren!
peely
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by peely »

peely wrote:Hi Peely hear , put some windows in my B/gas caddy , was a bit nervous but all went well and am chuffed with the result, Thanks to Castleford van glass, got pictures but struggling to get them on here , can’t even get a profile picture up Image
Imagee

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageyes mate both sides
Last edited by peely on Thu May 31, 2018 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
sausagefingers
100BHP+

Post by sausagefingers »

That window looks great, did you do it yourself?
Jca730
Caddy Fan

Post by Jca730 »

New wheels on the van before the drive up to Scotland for my John O'Groats to Lands End bike ride in aid of The Coventry Cyrenians charity.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... 3e0419.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

yes mate both sides
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
sleepyshrek
Caddy Fan

Post by sleepyshrek »

Had a run up to Tamworth to pick up a Caddy Life armrest. Not fitted it yet but am as pleased as the proverbial pig.
Then on to Derby to collect some alloys. Absolutely pristine and for very little money. Double pleased!
Got home to find my RCD330 had been delivered. Fitted, working and amazing me no end with what it can do.
Been a real good day. And it's not nearly over yet.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Bet I know what your doing this weekend. Give the partner £5.00 tell them to go treat themselves to a days shopping or something. Image because as we all know what we spend on our vans we spend on the other half. Image🤪Image do you think they will believe you got all that for £5. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

Ok I did a seat conversion on my 2011 gas van a few days ago, thought I’d put something in here about it , I’m in Telford Shropshire , in my local scrappy there are at least 4 Touran s all about 55-58 Reg, read a few threads on here about the conversion so I’m quite good with the spanner’s so thought I’d give it a go, picked the best one and asked the price for everything I needed,floor Pannel which needs cutting out, 2nd row of seats,rear floor plate that seats clamp down on , carpet,seat belts and trim, he wanted £60 for that but I had to cut floor out , I snatched his hand off and started stripping Touran, seats are ace they come out in seconds, plastic trim and seatbelts bit more involved but ok , carpet even more involved, front seats out centre console and bit of trim but ok,in the end I have the front seats and centre console because I’m taking mine out and it all matches , so on to the front floor panel,armed with a spot weld drill kit a few sharp chisels battery grinder, gloves glasses, 4 1/2 hrs later I had all I wanted ImageImageat Home and on to my van , armed with the spot weld drill kit proceeded to drill false floor plate out of floor , after taking bulkhead out , then the strengthening bar across the back of front seatsImagewelded reclaimed floor Pannel inImageImageas you can see I had to chop the ends a little to get them to fit a little better but all good , kept dropping seats on to make sure they clamped in and worked well , welded the ends back on afterwards, then with seats in and lined up I put rear floor seat locking plate in and tacked it to the floor , and again made sure seats clamped down ImageImageon to seat belts ordered some plates off the bay for top anchors, think they from t4s , had to strip seatbelt top slide adjuster off as this doesn’t fit, but if you strip them there is a bolt in there that you can use for the floor clamp , bit tricky to get out but ok ,took the mug holders out of the rear sides and used the fixing screw hole as floor clampImageImageImageImagei welded the nut out of the top height adjuster into the floor as you see in pic . Still need to do something with middle seat , thinking lap strap , or if anyone has any good suggestions please let me now, I’ve put front seats and bases in carpet with the floor stowaways in and centre console which is a tricky sucker , finally got slide door threshold trim and it’s done , need to ring insurance and send off to DVLA to see if I can downgrade tax , anyone done this , info would be greatly appreciated.Hope this helps and any help I can give please ask ,Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shed
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by shed »

Good going with the seat conversion. I've made a start on mine, but only when I have a bit spare time.
Did you drop your fuel tank when welding floor plates down?
I've never welded before but think I may give it a go
peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

Hi , I personally didn’t but if you haven’t welded before and you don’t feel confident that you won’t blow through then drop the tank, there are welding fire proof blankets you can get to push up over the tank , they maybe a good shout , take some time to practice on some thin patching plate too always good to get your gas right and wire feed speed etc ,
shed
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by shed »

Great advice. Cheers
gibbs812
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by gibbs812 »

Had auto headlight switch fitted, only to have it swapped back again, the coming home is not compatible with the 2009 Caddy, had an upgraded horn fitted as well so I will be heard in the future lol