What did you do to your van today?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
TonyC
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: What did you do to your van today?

Post by TonyC »

Fitted some Golf alloys that I picked up a week back got them fairly cheap (£50) and powdercoated them also fairly cheap (£90). Only 15's, function over fashion for this work van haha. Sitting fairly high in the pic as they had just been put on

Also fitted a rear bumper protector and took the spare wheel carrier bolts out and greased them up, will pop some hose over them soon to keep them good. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PaulC61
Hyper Poster

Post by PaulC61 »

Quick few jobs for today. Greased up the spare wheel carrier bolts, which weren't seized but stiff to loosen. Tried the rear washer this morning and saw water pouring down inside the tailgate window. Repaired the hose for the tailgate washer, somehow the cheap nasty pipe VW used snapped where it comes out the body through the rubber tube and into the tailgate. Quick check over of other bits n bobs ready for an MOT on Tuesday.
My Pure Grey Maxi Kombi Build viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32111
Sportvan
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Sportvan »

Caddyluv wrote:Just done mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve just got my bulkhead this week and also have an undertray to fit plus a center console with armrest. Should keep me busy when I get time!!!

Current Caddy Commerce Pro SWB 120 DSG in Fortana Red

Previous: Caddy Highline SWB 150 DSG in Indium Grey
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Yeah it will. Good luck look forward to see it.

JedW
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JedW »

Good day today , so changed oil and filter , is there any way to reset service light ,with out having to go on diag machine ?
effe
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by effe »

Got my Caddys dyno sheet from last friday. Stock was 2,0tdi 75kw & 250nm, they measured before remap 77kw&261nm. After remap was 139kw & 408nm :D https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B4FD156
Caddy maxi van 2017 2,0tdi 190bhp & 410nm :)
Willyrover
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by Willyrover »

Added a clear protective skin over the rear bumper to protect from minor dog scratches. (Dog may be a travelling companion)
Also added a skin over the fuel cover as I will be pressing it open every time I need to fill up.

Same stuff as people put on headlights

Willyrover
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Gave it a little wash waxed her in the shade.

ImageImageImage

Afield23
Hyper Poster

Post by Afield23 »

Fitted the Phoenix Gold door speakers and tweeters - huge improvement but what a PITA those rivets are....even worse when you punch the holes in too far and can't rivet the new speakers in! Nothing that a little self tapper couldn't sort though managed to rivet the passenger side no problem.

Also fitted my other mirror puddle light and door warning light while the panel was off.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Caddy bridge
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy bridge »

Bonnet insulation now fitted and looks smart.
sausagefingers
100BHP+

Post by sausagefingers »

Afield23 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:36 pm Fitted the Phoenix Gold door speakers and tweeters - huge improvement but what a PITA those rivets are....even worse when you punch the holes in too far and can't rivet the new speakers in! Nothing that a little self tapper couldn't sort though managed to rivet the passenger side no problem.
Have the same speakers and thinking about giving the fitting a go myself, so a couple of questions -

what extra parts did you need ?
how easy was it and did you take any more pics? :D

Cheers
Afield23
Hyper Poster

Post by Afield23 »

sausagefingers wrote: Have the same speakers and thinking about giving the fitting a go myself, so a couple of questions -

what extra parts did you need ?
how easy was it and did you take any more pics? :D

Cheers
I'm useless at taking photos but I'll certainly lend a hand if I can be of assistance? My kit was from Skipton car audio so included the speakers, tweeters, fixings and loom. It literally is plug and play. Hardest part for me was drilling out the old rivets for the speakers though I certainly did a better job on the passenger side. They do provide self tapping screws in the kit if that's where you got yours? Other than that I would not recommend using a punch to knock the old rivets through as the metal skin the speakers fix to is quite soft. This is why I couldn't rivet the new ones though it may have worked with longer rivets?

Other than that I just put lots of silent coat (also came with speakers) and ran the tweeter cables up through the dash. I used some old brake cable and hose just fed that through from the dash down and pulled back through with the cables taped to it.

It's not a difficult task and I recommend attempting it yourself - I just make a habit of ballsing things up by being too heavy handed but I got there in the end!

Finally, the sound is unbelievable now. The tweeters make a massive difference. Let me know if you need a hand I'll try my best to answer you.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Cleg-vr6
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Cleg-vr6 »

Started to carpet the ply lined rear of my van. Nothing exciting.
What sound deadening/insulation are people using?
What’s the silver bubble wrap looking stuff I’ve seen people use?
Dynamat is bloody expensive so alternatives to that would be appreciated.
Cheers
sleepyshrek
Caddy Fan

Post by sleepyshrek »

I’ve set off on a jaunt around The Hebrides. On the way up, I stopped in Castleford and had windows fitted into the sliding doors. What a difference!! I can now pull up at junctions without being in fear of my life in case I fail to see something sneaking up on my inside.
gkindley
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by gkindley »

Where did you order it. Looks just like what i need...
fastesi wrote:Finally after a month it arrived well happy with it...done it today!!ImageImageImage

Sent from my Sony Z5 Premium using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk