Pic request - tinted windows.

Pics from around the web
Bigvw
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: Pic request - tinted windows.

Post by Bigvw »

Just watch for getting fronts done as its 3 points and a fine for having them too heavy tinted
cheers Paul
Dubtech Custom Vans. Suppliers for - KW,ST,AP Suspension systems, Bilstein suspension, V-Maxx , Official RECARO dealer, GAZ Shocks, Cobra Seats, 07967 106 906 bigvw@hotmail.co.uk https://www.facebook.com/Dubtechcustomvans
d3jpt
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by d3jpt »

I use to tint windows for a living when i do mine ill do a write up on, once you know the tips and tricks its not too bad to do :D
irishcaddy
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by irishcaddy »

I own a privacy glass company too, noticed a few things being said that may confuse people...

In the tinting trade we would talk about the % the other way round, as in 70% would be around factory glass and 5% would be limo black. 70% is the amount of light transmitted through the glass, thats also the way the police would see it.

That red van would be around the figures of 30% which usually is a meduim tint.

Just to confirm that there is no legal film that will pass todays laws and tests, as its states 70% light must pass through the glass, with the lightest film available being 70% (which you really cant see on the glass as its that light) once applied to the glass it will add to the factory tint and put it over by upto 10% therefor failing.

If you notice front windows on a car or van that are lightly tinted they are usually around 50%, looks great but you run that risk, in Northern Ireland anything under 50% on the front and it can be 3 points a window!

Anyone need any other advice just ask :D