Rear barn door spoiler

Pics from around the web
jharmse
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Rear barn door spoiler

Post by jharmse »

Good morning
I would like to know if there is a preference of rear roof spoilers for the barn door Caddy's. A friend is visiting the UK so I would love to acquire one as they are not available in South Africa. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Johan
Bigvw
Hyper Poster

Re: Rear barn door spoiler

Post by Bigvw »

Best one by far is the oem one from VW, have fitted loads and quality is superb and fits fairly easy with everything included. Also paints easy as comes primed and bodyshop that I use has no problems unlike some of the stories I've heard about the cheap ebay parts. Price from tps was about £135.00 if I mind correctly
cheers Paul
Dubtech Custom Vans. Suppliers for - KW,ST,AP Suspension systems, Bilstein suspension, V-Maxx , Official RECARO dealer, GAZ Shocks, Cobra Seats, 07967 106 906 bigvw@hotmail.co.uk https://www.facebook.com/Dubtechcustomvans
jharmse
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by jharmse »

Thanks Paul, I am lining up my friend to get me one as shipping to South Africa makes it very expensive. I would definitely consider the OEM one as I am quite the pain in the neck with quality, it makes the experience so painful if the quality is sub standard.

Regards
Ollie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Ollie »

Hi Johan, I would also be interested in one, if you can ask your friend?
I am willing to pay him something for his efforts.
I import all other accessories into SA, like roof rail, side rails, chrome door handles, etc.
Thanks
Lawrence
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

Hey Johan/Lawrence,

Not many of us South Africans on here! I found the cheapest, easiest way to get genuine VW parts here (Cape Town) is to order through the agents. I've done it a few times, and it works well (apart from having to wait 8 weeks sometimes!)... What you do is get the exact part number of the piece you're looking for before going to the agent, as they can't find part numbers for parts that aren't on SA vehicles, and then get them to price and order that part (usually from Germany). They absorb all the shipping and VAT, so you pretty much just pay the German part price. I've ordered floor mats, wind deflectors, and other bits and pieces that way. Of course, it only works for OEM parts (I had to pay extra shipping etc. for some aftermarket parts I got from Europe).

Ian
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

So I had a look at the UK accessories brochure, and you're going to have to order that spoiler directly from the UK (ie. VWSA won't be able to source them), as it's not an "official" VW part. It seems the UK (maybe other places too) VW sells some aftermarket parts as VW parts. However, those part numbers don't show up on VW Germany parts lists, so can't be ordered by VW agents in other countries. You can tell by the part number, in any case. The "barn door spoiler" part number is ZGB2K0071640. The ZGB- prefix is used by VW UK to indicate a "not really VW but sold by us as VW" part, so you won't be able to get VWSA to order those for you...
Bigvw
Hyper Poster

Post by Bigvw »

If you want to get some, I use tps and can get them for you if you like as long as you cover postage costs etc Let me know happy to help 8)
Dubtech Custom Vans. Suppliers for - KW,ST,AP Suspension systems, Bilstein suspension, V-Maxx , Official RECARO dealer, GAZ Shocks, Cobra Seats, 07967 106 906 bigvw@hotmail.co.uk https://www.facebook.com/Dubtechcustomvans
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

I got mine from VW Ireland, so maybe other countries do them?
I cant remember how heavy it was, but 2kg to SA from here is €17.80
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Ollie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ollie »

Thanks bigvw, i would definately be interested in getting at least one.
Is it possible to find out what the shipping would cost to South Africa?
Bigvw
Hyper Poster

Post by Bigvw »

Ollie wrote:Thanks bigvw, i would definately be interested in getting at least one.
Is it possible to find out what the shipping would cost to South Africa?
I'll try and get you some prices, do you have an address or postcode that I can use as a reference bud
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster

Post by stan-the-man »

I organised a couple of those to Australia from Ireland couple of weeks ago and the postage was ~€35.
Ollie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ollie »

The address you can use for pricing is: Boksburg, 1459, South Africa. Thanks for you help!!
jharmse
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by jharmse »

I'm still trying to get one with the help of friends going to the UK but no luck so far.
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

This shop has it and will ship to SA: https://www.shop4volkswagen.co.uk