A big thanks to VW / Caddy4

Pics from around the web
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

A big thanks to VW / Caddy4

Post by tommyzooom »

So last Tuesday myself and Doc were delighted and honoured to be invited by VWCV Irl to represent the forum at the official premier of Caddy 4 and T6.
We arrived at the beautiful setting of the Raddison SAS St Helens in Dublin to find a line up of caddys 1-4 and transporters 1-6
We had a beautiful breakfast presentation of the new models, sharing a table with RTE television sports presenter Darragh Maloney and Irish rugby stars Marty Moore and Reggie Corrigan. This was followed by the aforementioned engaging in a lively forum and q&a in advance of the Rugby World Cup. After that we were let loose to explore the new models.

We were very impressed with the new Caddy. We had 6 or 7 caddys to explore.
Highlights include...
Prices have largely stayed the same, despite the new model getting a host of extras now as standard,(EW etc)
Base models now get as standard..... New gen colour mp3 cd radio inc aux&usb-in and bluetooth. 4 airbags (2+2 curtain) Electric pack and CL. The elusive lockable glovebox with illumination and seatbelt warning.
Trendline adds......body coloured bumpers mirrors, handles AND touran side strips. Cruise. Driver alert sys. Leather wheel, knob and gaiter. MFD. rear parking sensors. storage pockets under seats, visor mirrors and 8-way adjust on drivers seat.
Highline is now available for first time in Irl and adds.....Alloys. AC. Fogs. Heated windscreen. Leather MFSW. Locking wheel bolts. Visibility pack (auto dimming rear mirror, rain sensor and auto wipers.
The models we saw all had solid bulkheads, opaque wing door glass and wiper delete, I don't know if this is standard, they also all had side rail covers.Tailgate is solid. Also maxis now have specific longer touran style side mouldings. New xenon/led lights are lush
The rear lights we know about, and as far as we could ascertain, dash and doorcards should swap over, also Life mirrors, rear bumper too but will need bracket . Also maxi side mouldings will retrofit to earlier maxis ( I believe there is a chrome version too)
The VW team were keen to hear our thoughts. It seemed they have been watching what happens here, judging by the touran mouldings, side rail cover etc. The boss man even hinted that other mods such as 19" wheels may become available from factory.
Finally we were given a "goodie bag" inc among other things, vw cufflinks, vw thermal mug and mini sortimo box :D
Pics....

Doc has more photos, hopefully he'll add them
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
D4RK1
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: A big thanks to VW / Caddy4

Post by D4RK1 »

Nice post, new specs are much better :D
billstein9
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by billstein9 »

Well done guys. Excellent post.
I like the fact you tried judging what would retrofit earlier models.
I've always thought they monitor forums as when the T5.1 came out it had all the normal mods as standard e.g caravel front bumper etc.
Hindsight is a wonderful friend but he's always late !
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

Docs pics
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
caddyirl
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by caddyirl »

Oh man that is some spec in the highline! I might be swapping
Tepid
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Tepid »

All I can say, is well done VW Ireland, VW UK are absolutely hopeless. The last two weeks has been the launch of the new caddy and transporter, I got 4 invites to the dealer launches (after filling in the VW info request for the new Caddy life and Maxi Life) about 6 months ago). Well, not one of the dealers had either a caddy life or maxi life :( and none of them knew exactly when they might get one, except one that said they might be getting a maxi life in about 2 months :shock: and also, VW, as your records will show, it's not a caddy van I want, so don't send me anymore invites for vans :mad:

VW Uk's website still doesn't have the new brochures or prices and although I was told by a vw UK representative about 2 months ago they would be having a configurator, that's nowhere to be seen either. We are talking about the biggest car manufacturer in the world here. VW UK only seem to be interested in selling caddys to business users and don't seem to be bothered about private buyers (except ripping them off). Many current buyers want leather, or the alcantara seats (as fitted to the highlines spec caddys in mainland EU, but yet again, the UK can't have either. There's no 4motion this time, they aren't doing the new Caddy alltrack and many more things the rest of the EU get.

As you can tell, VW are really p\}}\^€ me o]] with their total lack of interest in the new caddy (even the dealers I've spoken to are feed up, as they are embarrassed about the situation concerning customers (one told me he could give finance info to a customer who was ordering a £50k caravelle). I've had 2 VW cars, 3 VW California's, 1 VW transporter, 1 VW caravelle and 2 VW caddy maxi life's and am thinking of buying a new generation 4, but I'm not quite sure I should really bother anymore (I just wish BMW did something like the caddy, VW would never get any of my money from me again, BMW also know how to launch a new model).

I replied to the last invite I received from VW UK about the caddy launch, asking about the caddy life's etc, but guess what, no reply. If only we had LHD, I'd go direct to VW Germany and buy from a VW car dealer and they'd be very grateful of my custom. Maybe I should buy from the Republic and import a RHD alltrack.
Well, I've ranted enough, sorry, I'm off to bed now.

(In total contrast to the way VW has launched the new caddy, one of the smallest car manufacturers has invited me to test drive its new sports car, the Mazda mx5 for the whole day at a special event this weekend.)
Last edited by Tepid on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mid LIFE Crisis
wai
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by wai »

I wonder if the new tailgate spoiler on the Maxi Life can be used on the previous model.
The Chiller
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by The Chiller »

Thanks Tommy and Doc for taking the time for doing the write up and Pictures.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

@Tommyzooom Thanks a million for organising to get us invited to the release, it was fantastic experience something I would never have otherwise. I really enjoyed the whole experience and was like a kid on Christmas morning (getting there over a hour before the official start).

@Tepid
European open market means you can buy your new car anywhere in the EU. Why not try VW Ireland for export pricing, with the current Euro exchange rate it might be well worth it.
@wai I didn't look in great detail but I get the feeling the tailgate spoiler is part of the door and not a bolt on piece. I can check ETKA next time I'm at my computer.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by stan-the-man »

Great pics lads! One of a kind experience!
Tepid
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Tepid »

Doc wrote:@Tommyzooom Thanks a million for organising to get us invited to the release, it was fantastic experience something I would never have otherwise. I really enjoyed the whole experience and was like a kid on Christmas morning (getting there over a hour before the official start).

@Tepid
European open market means you can buy your new car anywhere in the EU. Why not try VW Ireland for export pricing, with the current Euro exchange rate it might be well worth it.
@wai I didn't look in great detail but I get the feeling the tailgate spoiler is part of the door and not a bolt on piece. I can check ETKA next time I'm at my computer.

Doc, I have looked into importing before (thanks to tommy zoom) but with the life's, VRT and VAT are added unlike vans and also there's the issue of the PX. Anyone who wants a caddy alltrack van can get a RHD one from Ireland at a good price. Unlike VW UK, VW Ireland seem to be keen to get almost anything, even if it's not something they normally sell.
Mid LIFE Crisis
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

Doc, it was a good day, always good to meet you and your vcds lead :lol:

@Tepid, I found the same when I was set on viper green ( only available as a Cross at the time). I contacted vw uk and irl and had a reply from the Irl Ceo ( and former caddy racer) at 07.30 the next morning and confirmation shortly after the factory in Germany opened. I got a short email from UK basically saying not interested a few days later :roll: . I would definitely try vwirl again, you shouldn't have to pay vrt or irish vat, as the vehicle will be exported, ( uk vat yes) I know it is complicated but I would say vw have someone experienced in this area.
On the day the MD singled out the life for special mention, as an area they were very keen to expand sales on. With the exchange rate at the moment, it's worth a go.
My Website
My Instagram

y8cel
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by y8cel »

So the most important questions is do we now have a glovebox lid??
2014 Caddy Maxi Life 2.0dsg BMT
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

We do, but I hope your gloves aren't large size :shock:
My Website
My Instagram

I.D.S.
Hyper Poster

Post by I.D.S. »

Very well done chaps,i too echo was been said about VW UK. Got an invite from the dealer but didn't go as they wouldn't of had the range of vehicles that you guys saw.