Caddy Maxi camper conversion

Pics from around the web
MrCaddyManP
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Caddy Maxi camper conversion

Post by MrCaddyManP »

Hi All
Made a bit more progress with the van. Painted calipers and back plates and went on our first camping trip at the end of May with some friends who have a short wheel base Caddy Camper. Van worked great. Bed is really comfortable - definitely makes a good camper - much better than sleeping in a tent. The Outwell Drive-away Awning we bought fits lovely, is a good size and easy to put up. Our friends have an Outdoor Revolution Awning. 3 more camping trips booked including a trip to BusFest in September. Happy days!
Here are a few pics.
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: Caddy Maxi camper conversion

Post by 24883280 »

What sort of setup do you and your friend have in the back for sleeping. Do you have any pics. It's something I am thinking off doing........on my endless list.
JS001
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by JS001 »

There's a few companies I've found that do some interesting stuff for sticking in the back of your van - amdro is a welsh company that does a thing called a boot jump that is a std size and is pretty neat - only downside is the price but it is a premium product. Other site I saw on ebay might be better as he offers a bespoke service which works out at not too bad a price if you can't be bothered doing the woodwork etc yourself: http://peakvanconversions.weebly.com/re ... units.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway - if you're not a dab hand with woodwork then hopefully these options are useful!

Cheers JS001
luckmurph
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by luckmurph »

The Amdro boot jump is what i have got planned for my maxi, but being a joiner i will be making it myself with a few tweaks i will post some pictures up when its finished
Juw
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Juw »

Hi I've just converted the back of my caddy maxi with a raised floor, storage and 3 pull out drawers, also covered most of the interior with veltrim and added led lights. I have been trying to upload pictures for weeks now but cannot get them small enough to post? I'm not the best with computers so any help would be good.
Klein
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Klein »

That looks,just the job

Could you post some pictures of the sleeping area
Juw
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Juw »

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/juwjuw1/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Juw
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Juw »

This is a link to the pics of my Caddy conversion:
http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/juwjuw1/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;