My Caddy on 20inch wheels and gti mk7 front

Pics from around the web
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: My Caddy on 20inch and gti mk7 fromt

Post by hef355 »

Great corresponding with you Ronnie and I look forward to see your great new ideas! Did you put shortened/adjustable drop links on yours with the 10j x 20"s ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bl0at3r
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Bl0at3r »

This looks stunning and impressed that the 20s go on with a bit of work :D
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Bl0at3r wrote:This looks stunning and impressed that the 20s go on with a bit of work :D
Hey Bloater thanks buddy, hope the master carpeting job is developing well! You'll have a corker of a Caddy there when finished well done mate! Thanks for the comments! Ronnie from RK designs inspired me with the look, and it really does look well ao far. It involves re fabricating of the plastic inner arches and to make it safe, form some new brackets to provide a safe gap between the inner 10j wheel and break pipes. I'm also going to put some quality adjustable drop links to remove undue pressure from anti roll bar so it can do its job better. I've lowered the back with dark side extra low flip kit which is a quality item compared to the Eibach kit on the other van. The sliding side door is catching on the rears. Fortunately though I have open access to a professional steel fabrication workshop and plan to take the side door off and look at re fabricating the lower inner door section to provide a space for the door to open freely even when carpeted. May start a thread on this as it would open up some more wheel options for fellow forum users if it works. I've also fitted some shortened custom gaz adjustable dampers in the hope that the ride will not make my teeth clatter lol! Keep you posted buddy and carry on with the great work!Image

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

hef355 wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 11:01 pm Great corresponding with you Ronnie and I look forward to see your great new ideas! Did you put shortened/adjustable drop links on yours with the 10j x 20"s ?? ImageImage
one of my friends made extra rubber blocks on it to provide that the axle could not swing that much anymore. To drive like a snail or a turtle isn't nice, thats why we made some simple changes extra on the axle.
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Ok thats handy to know! Do you have any photos of how you did that? Thanks for the feedback!

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

No and the caddy has been sold to someone from the other side of the country.
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

No probs mate good luck with your new caddy! Looks awesome already!!

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

i'm waiting for the spoiler and want some sideskirts to let it look a bit smoother, inside I have ordered some extra's and have to create full plating in the back, now it's the rubbish cartboard from the factory the grey stuff. But the 21" tyres aren't findable at the moment... 20" is aslo fine but then a stunning custom set perhaps.
Bl0at3r
100BHP+

Post by Bl0at3r »

Hef - what's going on with your reg number? It's on the metallic one and the pure grey one :?: :?:
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Hahaaa well spotted Al! As they are both grey and both Caddy's, I placed the natural grey plates on the pure grey to transport the very short (walking distance really) journey to procad! .... as I've now put a private plate on the pure grey I ordered some nice raised carbon lettered gel numbered plates that hadnt arrived so threw them on quickly and drove the whole 4 minutes looking around 360 degrees for unwelcome eyes!! .... plates now here but no van! To be fair, I've asked procad to do some serious mods on the pure grey such as a smooth tailgate and a superb looking roof spoiler he located from Germany I think ... expensive but looks awesome as I think the others look a bit naff and dont fit like I would want them to fit! Where in the UK are you from Alan mate? Are you going to be attending any van shows this year? Be good to meet and shake hands

Bl0at3r
100BHP+

Post by Bl0at3r »

Well at least I wasn't going mad then :mad:

I'm in Essex so a fair trek from you. I'm planning on going to a couple of shows - there's a VW show in Essex in June and Kent in July. How about you?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

That's naughty, I wouldn't admit to that on a public forum, no matter how short the distance. ;)
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Doc wrote:That's naughty, I wouldn't admit to that on a public forum, no matter how short the distance. ;)
I see your point Doc with hindsight and apologies if any offence caused to you and fellow forum friends! I do however live in the wilds and crossing a single track road to Procads workshop didnt even warrant any plate tbh lol!

hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Bl0at3r wrote:Well at least I wasn't going mad then :mad:

I'm in Essex so a fair trek from you. I'm planning on going to a couple of shows - there's a VW show in Essex in June and Kent in July. How about you?
Even if you were going mad Al, I'm your man as I'm in psychiatry lol! I have a friend in Ilford, Essex snd could stay with her, which show is it and what date? Be great to meetImage

Medz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Medz »

Nice vans! inspiring me to do some crazy stuff with my caddy!