Lowering

Pics from around the web
Johnny
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Lowering

Post by Johnny »

Just bought a 10 plate caddy added some 18" alloys and looking to lower it. I do a lot of fishing and go down some bumpy track so don't want it sat too low but don't want the massive gap between the tyre and arch any suggestions on what mm I should go for
Tee-caddy
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Lowering

Post by Tee-caddy »

I think a lot of people go for the eibach 45mm kit. I use mine as a daily drive and mountain biking so thats what im going for when i lower mine as i also go down dirt tracks and country roads so cant be super low.
Tee
Bl0at3r
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Bl0at3r »

I've been looking too - Pro sport or VMaxx coilovers with the rear flip is one option.

The 45mm eibach kit is what vw fit isn't it? I'm not convinced 45mm looks quite low enough at the front :?:
Tee-caddy
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Tee-caddy »

Yes they are fitted by vw thats the main reason im looking at this kit.they are not the lowest but seem the most practical when leaving the tarmac.
Thats my old age speaking ;)
There is plenty of info on lowering on here from guys who use their caddy's for different things so im still reading up as modding is a new world too me.
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

Bl0at3r wrote:I've been looking too - Pro sport or VMaxx coilovers with the rear flip is one option.

The 45mm eibach kit is what vw fit isn't it? I'm not convinced 45mm looks quite low enough at the front :?:
Alan and Teel, you would be disappointed with 45mm drop guys! Look at my 2 vans nose to nose on the day i bought my standard pure grey Caddy! Its all about creating an illusion of lowness. My natural grey was lowered 60mm by Eibach sportline spring only Imageand on 19" wheels back then. The natura grey is now on 20" and ride is lovely (and I'm sn old fart too at 53!) look how these comare, you wouldnt say they were 2 Caddy's lol!!! .... illusion! Come and have a drive in mine! You would be shocked how comfy it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnny
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Johnny »

Are the pro sport 50-85mm kit any good ??
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

V-Maxx Xtreme on 19" Image