Head unit

Pics from around the web
Wolvesawrrior
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Head unit

Post by Wolvesawrrior »

Hi everyone
Newbie hear so be gentle.
I've got a 09 1.9tdi caddy with the factory fitted head unit and I'm looking to upgrade this as it's got no dab and no aux.
Just looking for some recommendations of after market head units or other Vw head units I could put in there aslong as it's got dab and some way of connecting my phone so I can play my music.
Any help much appreciated
Cheers guys
Generous182
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Head unit

Post by Generous182 »

if you go to the caddy chat section of the forum there is a head unit thread. lots of good info on it
JimR
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by JimR »

I just put a Pioneer DEH-X7800DAB 1U headunit in my Caddy instead of the original radio.

This involved pulling quite a few things apart in the dash to install the DAB antenna on the right side of the front window and the Bluetooth microphone on the left side.

My biggest issue was the fact that my 2012 Caddy has no switched 12 volt supply for the radio because the original radio takes care of this using the CanBus. After tinkering about quite a lot I finally found a swithed fuse and installed a 'power thief' cable with fuse holder. I couldn't grab the power from the cigaret lighter either as it is constantly at 12 volt, which is totally stupid!! Why would you want this??

The radio works fine, bluetooth handsfree works fine and my phone connects and plays music without problems. I wanted a headunit with physical buttons as I don't like the touch screen units for car use. Theres a big round volume knob, a dedicated button to answer calls and buttons for stored channels etc. It also plays music from USB drive which I use a lot.

Good little unit, there is a cheaper model without CD but this one allows you to change the display colours to match your car which is neat.

br

JimR
A8rnx
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by A8rnx »

Following as im looking for the same