Can a modified caddy look ok without being lowered

Pics from around the web
mark1a
Twin Turbo poster

Re: Can a modified caddy look ok without being lowered

Post by mark1a » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:42 pm

I was never really happy with either the standard ride height or the standard 16" wheels.

2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 150TDI OEM+
Brescia Clubsport 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Vanstyle side bars | Climair wind deflectors
H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front splitter
Android HU | 4G WiFi
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095

SnoWhite
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by SnoWhite » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:04 pm

The answer to your question depends on what you want from your modified Caddy?

If you want to lower your Caddy – fine, if not also fine – it’s your van.

Some owners choose to focus more on the looks of their Caddy rather than simply practicalities. Hence lowering is a favourite and increasingly common option. Coupled with stunning graphics and pristine paintwork there are plenty of Caddy’s which really shout this van is special. I think we all like the idea of driving around in an attractive vehicle, and if you live in a quiet rural area an obviously modified vehicle can be great to own. But in big cities they can also attract the wrong sort of attention. Sadly seeing your pride and joy keyed, vandalised or left as a burnt out wreck after a joy ride is something I would not wish on anyone. Sadly there are plenty of people out there who see nice things and are willing to cause damage out of spite.

If however you need ground clearance – for unpaved roads or areas with loads of big speed humps – then lowering may not be a great choice. But obviously it is not the only way to “modify” your Caddy. Some people prefer a stealth modified Caddy – looking externally like it left the factory with all the mods on the inside – nice head unit, crazy sound system, leather heated seats, multi function steering wheel controls and a decent power remap which if needed can leave the irritating lad in his tarted up Nova for dead.

Your money - your choice.

Oh and don’t forget, the more mods you add the bigger your insurance premiums are likely to be.

A8rnx
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by A8rnx » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:14 pm

Mine is currently stock but test fitted 20’s and sits perfect