Police Caddy

Pics from around the web
chivers
Caddy2k Groupie

Police Caddy

Post by chivers »

I found this on another forum, and thought it might raise a laugh

"Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles will display a selection of four vehicles from its diverse range of vans and passenger carriers at the 35th National Association of Police Fleet Managers Conference and Exhibition at Cheltenham Racecourse between September 2nd and 3rd. Making its debut will be the cell van conversion of the new Caddy Maxi which will be displayed alongside a Crafter PSU on loan from the Greater Manchester Police Force, a Crafter minibus and a Transporter window van with optional ‘kombi’ pack.

The new Caddy Maxi cell van, adapted by Crown Conversions, is designed to carry up to five Police Officers in the first and second row of seats, with a lockable cell behind them accessed from the rear of the vehicle."

‘The new Caddy Maxi is an ideal vehicle for the emergency services, thanks to its mix of versatility, relatively compact dimensions and value – we’re expecting the cell van conversion to attract a great deal of interest,’ commented Kevin Varey, Conversions Manager, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.

© Copyright 2003 by VWVortex.com

Has anyone seen one of these on the road?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
caddy_police.jpg
caddy_police.jpg (60.16 KiB) Viewed 3265 times
mel57car
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Police Caddy

Post by mel57car »

they have got a plain white caddy in birmingham just with hidden light
remapped to 155bhp ,touran bumper , colour coded ,vmaxx coilovers,pipercross panel filter ,leather seats,18in bbs ch alloys, de badge grill ,eonon 7in dvd gps head unit rear carpeted ,1200w amp & 2x12in 1000w subs rear seats + decat
dubvan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by dubvan »

Same principal as the Ford Connect Tourneo - only with VW price hike on top. I have to say that if I was ever in requirement of a Force Taxi, I would insist on a VW rather than a shitcan Ford - personal preference and all that (and maybe my human rights??)

Jonesy :mrgreen:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I seen one in Belfast a while back, was botin it down the westlink about 70, d'ya think they come with a remap?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dubvan
Hyper Poster

Post by dubvan »

Doc wrote:I seen one in Belfast a while back, was botin it down the westlink about 70, d'ya think they come with a remap?
Not for transporting crims' and pissheads. Unless they want to jetwash the back out?

da master
Caddy Fan

Post by da master »

we got these for the fire deparment
ole_bxl
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ole_bxl »

And in Belgium we have

and

and many other police cars and more here
da master
Caddy Fan

Post by da master »

Found anthor one:
shiggybiggs
200BHP+

Post by shiggybiggs »

dubvan wrote: Not for transporting crims' and pissheads. Unless they want to jetwash the back out?

I saw a silver one near belfast, for dogs I think. And they used to have some of the same vans I used to have. Its good fun driving down the motorway when people move out of the way because they think it might be the police lol.