Caddy R360 build thread

Show off your caddy
Glen G
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Caddy R360 build thread

Post by Glen G »

Gorgeous caddy credit to you... Thst colour has to be the nicest iv seen... I'd love to do the same with mine but I need it for work 😂 maybe il by another caddy haha
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I took these photos at ReflexAutoDesign today.
ImageImage
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

Awesome!!!
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

You caught the blue well in those pics Doc. Really loves the sunshine! Reflex posted a couple

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

And the drive home was interesting...........followed this bright yellow LaFerrari in traffic for a bit. Did sound good.

geo.stronach
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by geo.stronach »

Not as good as a tdi caddy 🤣Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

kona75
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by kona75 »

I noticed that the battery in the battery tray isn’t your regular size is this a lithium ion one or something else?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Dunno what a normal battery weighs but this I frighteningly light.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Its a race battery made by LiteBlox.de. Stock battery is about 16kg, this weighs 1.2kg! In theory it should be fine for a daily used vehicle or in my case, one that is on trickle charge all the time its not being used. It should last for about a month without any charge but at the show it started beeping to let us know it was getting low on charge and the only thing that was on were the LED lights in the back. I believe there is a smartphone app where you can monitor the status a bit more closely. Probably going to need a split charge dual battery setup so the air ride can at least be operated - would be a pain being stuck down - and some sort of external charging points in case its locked and we can't open the bonnet.
NZDubNurd
Hyper Poster

Post by NZDubNurd »

Lithium Iron Phosphate - yes, not ION! LiFePO4... but it is a type of lithium ion battery.

They're capable of really cranking out amps - I have a little 10 AH 36V one for my electric bike, and it would crank 25 amps easily up some of the hills around here! Pretty good life expectancy too.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Aaron at Deep Impact Detailing did an incredible job in the one day he had with the Caddy for the show. Its going back to him once all the loose ends are sorted and he will actually have it for a week this time!

Being loaded onto Road & Race Logistics trailer - I promised myself it wouldn't be a trailer queen but sadly it wasn't road legal in time and was finished late on friday night.

CaddyCarlo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by CaddyCarlo »

absolutely unbelievable :shock: great work mate hats off, very jealous!
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

This was the process for modifying the grill. The hardest part was how to modify the silver trims. They are a plastic part with a metal foil over them and the clips that hold them in are really strong, plus the parts are under a small amount of tension so I couldn't glue parts together - in the images you can see I was trying to get them to finish at the badge but that would have meant extending them. Instead I trimmed them short and made a small notch behind the badge so they located behind and then they clipped in as they normally would.

The badge part I had to move down and lean back so I cut out the section the badge clips into and relocated it.

Another shot after the sliding door delete

Paul9616
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Paul9616 »

Dan lovely build and hats off to you for the dedication and deep pockets "very jealous" ..

Can I ask what side skirts you have fitted? And do they require any modding?

I'm thinking of getting rid of my side bars
Black 2011 C20 1.6 tdi 100 bhp / remapped to 140ps, 18" 3sdm 0.01 alloys, Coilovers, Lower GTI splitter, Touran 5 seat conversion, Mk6 golf GTI red stitch flat bottom steering wheel, Touran centre console and armrest, TRC splitter Mk6 GTI.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

They are the Cross skirts and they are a direct fit. They are designed for the Cross kit so not sure what they would look like without the arches (there may be a flattened section where the arch meets the sill) but I know a mate of mine is going to attempt it so will have a better idea once he's sorted the parts. The part numbers thread has all the details of what you will need.