Caddy R360 build thread

Show off your caddy
Paul9616
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Caddy R360 build thread

Post by Paul9616 »

Completely stunning, what a van, struggling with van envy...

Loving the the R32 exhaust and wing mirrors, inspires to replace my elephant ears :lol:
Black 2011 C20 1.6 tdi 100 bhp / remapped to 140ps, 18" 3sdm 0.01 alloys, Coilovers, Lower GTI splitter, Touran 5 seat conversion, Mk6 golf GTI red stitch flat bottom steering wheel, Touran centre console and armrest, TRC splitter Mk6 GTI.
Daltzz
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Daltzz »

I can’t wait to see this next year :mrgreen:
dnaxtreme
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by dnaxtreme »

Deep respect for all your work
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: My Caddy 'R' build thread

Post by the long one »

Did having the alloy front arms make a difference as I am thinking to use these to correct the camber issues
Can you remember what setting yours are on ?
Thanks
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

The alloy arms did make a difference, or at least there was a perceived improvement in steering feedback and initial turn in which was more immediate. I don’t believe they are adjustable though and I’m also reliably informed that there is an Audi equivalent which is much cheaper. Believe it’s the arms from an S3 (and think Superpro Just take these and polish them so potentially identical parts, although the kit comes with anti lift bushings).
the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

I think that the ball joints are adjustable that’s the only bit that I think that you can adjust - any far updates ?
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

There’s a whole stack of updates but waiting for the right time - I think it’s only fair to any company involved in this project that their work is presented at its best and currently that’s not the case as it’s in pieces and needs finishing. The interior is almost there, the trimmers have done all the front bits as they are the trickiest and the back is being done as we speak.
the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

Soon you’ll have it home - lots of patience
a7eys
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by a7eys »

Hi Dan,
How can I get in touch with you about the history of what I believe to be the engine that was removed from your van originally. I ask as I recently purchased what I was told was your 2.0 TDi engine and box etc and would like to confirm a few things if that’s possible.
Any help would be great. I tried to message you directly but can’t seem to do it.
Thanks
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Anything I can answer on here in the thread? You don't have enough posts yet to send PMs (you need 30+). More than happy to try and help.
a7eys
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by a7eys »

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the reply. As said, we bought whatnis believed to be your old 2.0 engine and when we purchased it from John he told us that it had a REVO remap with DPF delete and also the Immobilser has been deleted to prevent further issues with coding etc.
It was said that it was bought like this. Anyway after getting the engine and having it fitted and all the necessary wiring alterations being completed on the loom, the engine wouldn’t fire. It then was told by a git that can programme and code the ecu that it had a corrupt file and there wasn’t a remap nor a immobiliser delete.
Anyway, I happily read through all the previous pages of this build post you have and from what I could gauge we were misinformed and stage 2 revo remap and immobilser delete etc had actually taken place on your new engine.
Also wanted to try and confirm the rough mileage on the engine when I was removed and maybe shed some light on it’s history. I see you did have issues with a REVO map which was out back to standard.
Am I correct in what I have read?
a7eys
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by a7eys »

You’re right as well. I don’t post much but find this forum incredibly useful.
Thanks again
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

It had a Revo stage 2 map as at the time I had the dpf removed, a Milltek exhaust and a carbonio air intake. The map seemed to cause an issue and would keep going into limp mode so they disabled it temporarily until such time they could do more testing. I ended up doing the engine conversion instead. At no time was the immobiliser deleted on the 2.0tdi, that was only done on the petrol engine to get it up and running.

I can't remember off the top of my head the exact mileage but I bought the caddy back in april 2013 with 20k on the clock and 2 previous owners, the one before me I think had only used it for a year but realised he needed something bigger. I believe it was around the 23k mark when it was taken out august 2014 but I will have to dig into the paperwork to find something more accurate. As for servicing, again I will have to check the paperwork.
a7eys
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by a7eys »

Dan
Thanks for the response, that confirms what I had read about in your build and confirms that we aren’t going mad with our efforts to get the van to run.
Thanks for letting me know. It’s very helpful.
Did the 2.0 drive well with the stage 2 and what sort of power did it return?
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

When it wasn’t in limp mode it was quick. Pulled like a train and sounded good for a diesel too. It wasn’t measured but I would have guessed around the 180bhp mark.