Caddy R360 build thread

Show off your caddy
Kap812
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Caddy R360 build thread

Post by Kap812 »

All I can say is wow! After reading though this the work that’s gone into this is incredible! Your van is a work of art
Pinkman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pinkman »

Absoloutly stunning fella
carl0s
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by carl0s »

I’ve not bought my caddy yet and I already feel inadequate...... epic epic build!
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Its getting like Christmas! Lots of things happening and its SOOO close to being ready for some updates. I reckon early in the New Year I will be putting up all the photos from the last year or so so everyone can see how much work has gone into this.
cfitzy6
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by cfitzy6 »

I just read this from start to finish and the amount of work gone into this is unreal! I love how it looks. Coming from a tuned tfsi cupra to a caddy it seemed slow to me but your gonna have the best of both worlds!
sausagefingers
100BHP+

Post by sausagefingers »

What a read! The attention to detail is amazing, really looking forward to the update
R22LRM
200BHP+

Post by R22LRM »

Hey mate unbelievable build and great thread, the quality is uncompromising cant wait for your updates .
R22LRM
Mk5 Tfsi powered
a7eys
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by a7eys »

This is like a good novel. Unbelievable build
Loud
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Loud »

Just came across this thread. Great looking van and looking forward to the update.

I couldn't find where you stated what Intermotiv did for your rear end - did you end up using their Watts linkage to go with their air bag setup?

Also why did you choose the Wavetrac LSD over the Peloquin, Quaiffe or VW Racing versions? I'm facing the same decision right now for mine.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Intermotiv built their kit around my van. I had asked him to try and fit the multi link from a mkv Golf. When we realised what that involved he developed the trailing arm setup instead. Mine has the full kit with trailing arms, bag mounts and the watts linkage plus he used the axle flip kit I had from the KW kit.

The company that did my engine conversion recommended the wavetrac (I wanted the quaife) and I think they said it’s the least aggressive when it engages. I doubt there’s much really between them all and you would have to drive identical vehicles with each diff fitted back to back to feel any differences.
Loud
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Loud »

Cheers for the confirmation. I hadn't realised that when you commented on the AccuAir thread. I'm happy to have read such good feedback about the Intermotiv kit before I buy it and have it all to be shipped to Australia.

I've got a Mk 5 Pirelli GTI on the way across the country as a donor car - it runs the same engine and turbo as the Mk 6 Golf R. I was hoping an LSD and anti-lift bushings might help control the torque steer but reading your summary it doesn't sound too promising :lol:
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

It certainly makes a difference and I wouldn't fancy driving it without those things! It made sense to do the LSD as the clutch was being replaced and was easier to do with the engine out. I've not had much time driving the Caddy so my impressions are somewhat limited but its not impossible to drive and certainly needs concentration when giving it a big load of throttle. For me thats fun as it is a challenge to get the balance right and to get the most of it. I drove the VWRacing demo MK6 Golf GTi which had the same power and a quaife lsd and we had a chance to give that a proper blast for a full day around towns, country roads, dual carriageways and it was a lot of fun, not intimidating but needed a dose of respect.
RichardB
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by RichardB »

Van looks amazing
Winst
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Winst »

Hi Dan, any news on the van mate? Looking forward to seeing the finished beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
slipperjake
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by slipperjake »

I know we’re getting impatient I think everyone wants to see this beast finished...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk